Ch.14: The Cold-cold North

    Our dormitory is lay to waste with rascals, still pestering and begging to be apart of the "LyFyre and ICE Army". If only they knew I was doing them a favor by denying them.

"I think I know a quieter place we can go...with less rodents," Neveah says.

"Back to class?" I ask.

"Yup." We turn tail and hightail it back to the dark rabbit-hole of a classroom. "Ghost-BOI! We're baaaaack!" Nev yells out into the dark.

"Come out, come outtt-" I call.

"Back so soon?" Upon entering the room Roy is already kicked up on the dusty-old teachers desk.

"Yeah, our room still has a WizzFestation... I need another ten hours of peace and quiet if I want to even score a D- on this test! Ughhh. Looks like another sleepless night..." Nev slouches, pulling her large book under her like a pillow.

"No sleep, For youuuuu. I'll be getting PLENTY of rest." Taking a seat on top of one of the desks. We all sat in silence for a moment, simple peace seemed like a luxury.

Nevs face grimaces, "Wait, Lyra have you even started constructing a new Spell?" Roys eyes dart to me, his curiosity peaked.

"N-n-no. Roy said he would  help me study!" I growl, crossing my arms and staring with

overexaggerated murderous intent, causing him to chuckle.

"I did help you study... Did you figure it out?" He asks in a mocking tone. He knows full well I haven't figured it out, in fact, he knows it's been eating me alive.

"From within, yeah whatever, it's all PegasusShit." I mumble under my breath.

"What was that?" He asks again, hand pressed to the back of his ear like he's trying to hear me better.

"Humph!" I snort through my nose like a bull.

"Could you help me study?" Nev asks bluntly.

"Yeah sure!" Roy pops up from his seat, instantly transmuting into Ghost-form.

"Ahhh! What! No fair!" I wail, turning my back on them.

Roy flies through the air, "Let's practice in the arena! We'll  have the space to ourselves!"

"Great idea!" Nev summons a giant rose bud that swallows her up, transporting her to what I could only assume was the arena, although her stopping at the cafeteria to get her hands on the sweets early is also very plausible.

I lay my arms across the desk, lying my head into them. I found myself oddly comfortable, entranced by the damp ceiling dripping onto the cold rigid stones beneath my feet. I feel my consciousness drift away from me into a deep sleep, enticed by the Sandman with the luxury of silence; although a shame it had to be in a dirty cave of a classroom. My mind conjures up a dream I've had many times before. I sit atop the Lyfyre self-proclaimed mountain, looking out across the sky at the different stars and planets that have found themselves trapped inside the Void Province sky. This is the only dream I can ever seem to remember.

Distantly I can hear someone snickering, "ChYeahWatchThis."

"Shhhh, You'll wake her." Someone else, female this time says.

"ChYeahIKnow." The snickering continued.

I hear them clamoring around the room, but I keep my head snug in my arms, and my eyes shut HOPING the annoyance will carry itself away...unfortunately they don't. Another laugh, this time right in my ear.