Ch.27: Legacy of Light

It wasn't long ago that I was haunted by a curse; a curse I am to be reminded of wherever I go. I had the opportunity to go to a place where I could finally be challenged, TRIED! A chance to be greater, to be different, a place I would never regret going back to, a place where sacrifice may grant a thousand lives rather than take... The running footsteps of many echoed up and down the wooden halls, "YOUUUU ARE TO BE ELEGANT!" Her voice shrieked throughout the dorms, "YOUUUU ARE TO BE GRACEFUL, CLEAN AND HAVE POISEEEEEE!" She yelled as all of the little hands worked to the bone on whatever anonymous chore they may have been given to do. Her eyes hatefully darted back and forth, watching as they made everything perfect. Her slender body and young features were unordinary for her age, her long golden blonde and black hair was up in a bun, and she only wore the most expensive money could buy, "YOUUU ARE TO BE STRONG, CONFIDENT! EVERYTHING UNDERRRRR THE SUNNNNNNN! BUT ABOVEEE ALL ELSEEEEEEEE–" She yelled out, letting the last word ring out until all the girls in unison cried out, "PERFECT!" They drowned.

Her name was Madam Aureliee, but we called her Mere Aure, "That's RIGHT Ladies!" She shouted. Her slender painted fingers slid onto my shoulder as I stood in the center of the room, made to watch as all of my peers worked, some till their last breath, "You must be PERFECT, like your dear sister Phoebe here," She said sinisterly as she twirled one of my silver-blonde locks through her fingers.

Mere Aure was the house owner of Aureliee Boarding school, School for Perfects, by far the most expensive all girls school Europe had to offer. I've been attending ever since pre-K when Mere Aure told my parents she'd admit me free of charge, essentially taking me in nine months of every year. She had said there was something special about me, a certain perfection and that I was to remain hidden from the public eye, for I was to be coveted and to create jealousy; but in reality, it seemed as if she only wanted me for herself, like I was her flesh and blood. Making me a staple in her company is what eventually skyrocketed this school's success ten years ago.

The other girls never looked at me with envy or had any anger towards me because I was treated better than they were. Truth be told, they looked up to me and knew I was on their side, and that one day, I would free them from torturous conditions, 'Ces choses ne semblent pas très School Curriculum' this school held under the guise of a boarding school.

Outside, behind the school was a garden, the only place I could ever be alone, the only place I wasn't perfect and just ME. Without eyes of adoration constantly praising me. I sat among the flower bed, and in a shining ray of golden flames a handsome boy appeared before me, looking like a prince of fire.

"Bonjour petite princesse." He bows at the waist, removing his headgear.

I shot to my feet, backing away, "Who- who are you? How'd you get in here?" I looked around panicked, to see if anyone else saw this strange man appear before me, "We're trained fighters here." I stay sternly, raising up my dukes.

"Oh I'm sure young lady, however, I am not here to pick a fight."

"Whatever you're here for, I'm not interested." I grunt.

He takes a subtle step closer, I didn't react, but my glare tensed up at him. He froze where he stood, "Ahhhh, impetueux? I have a sister about your age," He says. But I wasn't buying into his attempts to find friendly similarities to chat about.

"Who are you?" I grunted again.

He smiles, drawing what seemed to be a wand from his belt, "Oh for I am-"

"Phoebe! Where are you?" One of the girls yelled, followed by many other tiny voices in the distance,

"Pho? You mustn't be late to teach Etiquette! "