Ch.28: Dawn of Freedom

The first school siren began to blare and the students wake and stir, "Phewwww! Well then! Now that the formalities are over with," He takes a deep breath and chuckles, "Something tells me you're really gonna REALLY enjoy your first mission!" His smile went sinister, scaring even me momentarily. I gasped, quickly setting the wand onto the ground, "Répète? I haven't learned one thing about magic, how can I already have a mission?" I looked around once more to see if any others were in earshot, the sun had already dawned, and my sisters were about to be buzzing around with chores.

"Oh pish posh! Something tells me you are going to be a natural!" He cheered.

When it came time, it didn't take much for Alecinder to convince me, his words were precise in their meaning, and they lit a flame in my heart.

"My dear Pho, there are evil people in this world. They prey on the weak, thrive to be a thrashing big fish in a tiny pond. Craving power and control, pretending to be something more than they are...Faux dieux."

Later that same day I waited for Mere Aure in her luxurious lounge, already sitting in her throne-like chair. When she entered, her face was already covered in dismay, it was as if she knew that this day would eventually come.

"Tchhh. Ohhhh, mon cher Phoebe," She said sulkily, then she sighed heavily, "What did I tell you about all of those silly fairytai–"

"Save it." I spat, "You-you've been using me this whole time! Ugh! C'est dégoûtant!" I shook my head, removing myself from behind her desk, standing directly across from her. "How could I have been so blind. Those girls worked to the DEATH for you, and not a single one ever complained; even if the tasks were inhabituel."

"Yes, yes, and I have youuuuu to thank for that! The way they look at you! The way your sisters look at you, WILLING to give you their last breaths! You are the LIGHT of this school...its predecessor! You could be SOOOO much more Phoeb-"

"It's Pho!" I roared, tears running down my face as the energy and memories of the girls I've lost previously began to flood my head, I could have ended so much more suffering, but I was being selfish. Thinking that staying and being present was the best for them, soaking up most of what I can only describe as dark energy, wasn't nearly enough to stop the pain of everyone. I should have listened to my gut long ago, even if it means never being able to see them again. I drew my wand, and bounced into a natural fighting stance,"Today will be the day I free my sisters."

"You cursed little wench." She shrilled, drawing a wand that was crooked and gray and without hesitation engaged me in a duel.

In that battle is when I would create my first spell, One over One: PhotoFeather, furthermore winning the respect of my new Arts of magic Teacher, softly he had said to me, "But you Mrs. Lumen, are different from those in this world; you pray on the moment you get to overcome as many challenges as humanly possible! But humanity is limited, in the Void, you can Allumez la torche de victoire pendant des millénaires."

The double doors of her office flung open, Alec confidently strutting into the room, "Brilliant travail Pho!" he says laughing, wrapping one arm around my shoulder. Having taken my fair share of damage I too was beaten to a pulp, breathing heavily over Mere Aures dead body, still joining Alec in the giggles.

He smiles down at me, "Instinctively using the sun's natural rays from the window to preserve adding your own light elemental Aurora, Wowie!" He gave a sound round of applause, to which I gave a courtesy for my performance,

"Merci, merci!" I smiled.

"Un peu bâclé, mais nous avons le temps."

From that day forward, Alecinder LyFyre, the Prince of Flames became my SpiritWarden, by my side at every moment, sworn to protect and provide to Blesseds any need. He would teach me in-depth about the Void-Province and about the beautiful Aurora that creates the anomaly that is MagiX