Ch.26: Familiarities other than the Forest Pt.2

Jumping out from my cover, "HEYYYY! UGLY!" I call out to the Prince, he whips around awkwardly, "If you want my eternal soul, you'll have to part it by death."

His eyes are slanted, gleaming with a drug like euphoria "Oh, oh yes... Oh Princess. I accept." The creature is drooling, so infatuated at merely the scent of a Wizard. It ditches the Prince look entirely, its body contorts and the cat twists upon the Prince's face, fusing with it.

I stand face to face with this creature, remembering Owen's words,

"Lyra, that's not just any monster you meddled with. They're called Mimicsocrates...And as deadly as they come, a solid B tier rating. So Lyra, if there's one thing..."

The Mimic-Prince creature leaps at me, crashing its massive body directly over top of where I just was. Fleeing with a leap into the air, once advantageously over the creature I rained a flurry of flames over the monster, with little to no effect.

With a loud thud, one of its tentacles cracks my ribs and sends me flying through the air until a tree finally halts my flight, "ARUUUHHHHH!" It roars, instantly hot on my tail again, quickly closing the huge gap it creates between us. It rears all four limbs back into the air to crash down on me with maximum strength.

On the ground with no time to escape, I have to fight back. No, I want to, despite the warning Owen already gave me; truth was, it entices me. Planting my feet strongly I take aim and fire off two flame concentrated missiles, both successfully piercing into his thick skin then exploding like two cluster bombs, resulting in blowing off one of its limbs; my eyes widen with glee, the missing limb creates an opening too good for me to pass up, this could be my moment to finish him off!

I HAVE to think fast! Owen just wanted me to buy time while giving this thing the run around would buy him the most time, but I can't turn down a wide open shot like this! This could be my chance! I maneuver backwards slightly to dodge its reactive counter attack, then dart up on one of the creature's limbs aiming straight for its head, "BURN!" I shout, releasing a rising wall of flames, howling as I intentionally try to burn away as much of the Forest as I can, mesmerized by the flames as they dance to my beat.

The Forest now ablaze around us, a smokescreen over the small wide open space I created. The creature's irregular breaths and gurgling can be heard over the crackling flames and fleeing Void life.

We stand in the middle of the flames, us two still holding a fighting stance, I tighten my grip and slowly shuffle, breathing hard. I spit a mouthful of blood out, then smirk blood coating my teeth, "I've seen roaches harder to kill than you."

He charges at me slamming all three remaining limbs into me, I hold up my wand creating an amber-flame barrier. He tries to brute force his way through my guard. The ground beneath me quaking, my Aurora flaring stronger than ever before. "Grrrrrughhhh!" I grunt as the pressure of these nearly two ton beasts weighed on my MagiX.

The ground, like my barrier, cracks under the Mimicstocrates strength, sending me tumbling down backwards. Letting the Mimicstocrate rear his tentacles back even further for a more powerful smackdown, getting ready to finish me off while I was defenselessly falling backwards; the moment my back slammed onto rock bottom. His powerful crash sends me into a vision of darkness.

"So, if there is ONE thing, Lyra. Don't die in a place like this, it's unbecoming." Owens' one warning reignites my fighting spirit. Although the attack causes more severe damage, I quickly regain consciousness, managing to lighten the blow of the impact in the final milliseconds. We are back in the deadlock we were before, only worse for me. Pinned, with my back further inside a hole in the ground.