Ch.29:Phos POV

Ch.29:Phos POV

I could hardly contain my excitement, my nerves pulsating on overdrive. After two months of training and learning the culture of the Void, the day had finally arrived for me to D.I.V.E for the first time. Standing with Alec in a rather remote part of the town as if we were at a train station, but nothing was around us except an old market, "Qu'est-ce que le hold up, Cinder?" I said, full of energy.

"Shhhh, wait for it." He said calmly and as if it was on command an all black vehicle zips from a hyperspace-like state and is now hovering in front of us. The doors flung open automatically and we both slid into the back.

"Wait, before you begin your journey, I must present to you a gift." He began to dig around in a bag that was on the floor.

"But you've already given me a wand, MagiX, je ne pourrais pas être plus ravie!" I cheered, rising up on the window to watch as the car took off, the beautiful streaks of Aurora passing as we warped.

"Those were gifts from the Aurora my dear. Here," Alec said, shoving a tiny case into my hands.

I lifted the case's lid slowly, revealing a silver pair of circle-rimmed glasses, "Hm? Spectacles?" I questioned.

"Yeah! Put them on!" He chuckled, helping himself by reaching into the case and placing the glasses on my face, "Parfaitement imparfait! A new start, a new you, you look HEAT!" He laughed.

I pushed them up from my nose unconsciously, "But my eyesight is perfect," I said.

"Hahaha, of course it is fam. They're also your first Magical Item, stare at me with them." He said, smiling wide as I looked at him. "Welllllll, what does it say?" He asked.

"Alecinder LyFyre...Erm..A-Aura level...five out of five stars?" I said unsure of what I was actually looking at.

"HAHA! HELL YEAHHHH! I pretty much am a LEGEND HERE!" He pumped his fist through the air, my eyes glossy, getting a bit starstruck, "NAHHH, I'm just playing around, those things cap out at a certain power rating. I'm still the shit though, don't get it twisted." He chuckled with arrogance.

I adjusted the glasses onto my face once more, and sat back in my seat to enjoy the view from a rather new perspective.

As we arrived, I was in awe at its Elysium-like feel, it made the blonde hairs on my neck straight up, arriving at the Majestic school that was Millenium Middle.

"Looks like we're the last ones here," I said softly, seeing the crowded lots, but not another person in sight.

"À la mode tardive. Come on, everyone's already inside." He said, showing me the way to the auditorium as I followed lackadaisical looking at well...everything! Walking nervously into the low lit room, the seating area was sparse, as if they prepared for hundreds but only more than a handful showed. There was a man on stage, whispering away in his microphone. His odd twist on a two piece suit and robes had a similar color palette to Alecs, in fact, the closer we got to him, the more I realized Alec greatly resembled the older gentleman, other than his brown skin, but the hair of fire, identique.

The microphone in his hand let off a piercing screech and everyone winced back to cover their ears from the accidental eardrum rattle, "Everyone get down, it's a banshee!" The man joked into the mic, causing an uproar of laughter; and almost instantly easing many of our jitters, "Hello, hello. Testing, testing." He spoke into the mic, "Alright! Looks like we're in business!" He said with a wide smile, "Man oh man, wow! Future Advanced students of Millenium Middle!" He looks around the stands at each student's face, "Hmmmmm, I see a lot of sorrowful faces in here, if you're here, that means you're alive! You should rejoice! You've passed the hard part I promise!" His voice booming into the mic, "Do you all know who I am?"