4

For the rest of the week, Rio hasn't ordered me around as much and has been taking some of his own orders into his hands.

Wednesday eventually rolled around, and I trailed behind too as we walked into the conference room.

I wore a black tight skirt with a white blouse and clear heels.

Me being his assistant, I wasn't allowed to do anything but sit in the corner and listen if rio ordered me around.

The room fell quiet when we entered, and I went over to the corner while he went to go sit at the head of the table. The meeting started and I kept to my self.

"Yeah, so..." I heard rio start to say but he cut himself off.

"Where's my paper?" He mumbled as he went through his piles of papers spread through the desk.

"Nat come here" I heard him say after he went through the papers. Nat?? Now he making nicknames.

I stood up and all the attention in the room was turned to me.

"Yes boss?"I question as he looked up at my figure standing near him.

"Do you remember putting the paper that contained my signature and someone else's in this stack?"He looked up at me with them blue eyes, and this time his eyes weren't in a cold glare.

"You never mentioned to put that in the pile. I can go back to your office and see if it's there?" I smiled as he hummed.

"That would be great" he gave me a light smile for the first time I've actually worked for him. I moved my straight hair to the side as I gathered my things.

As I exited the room, I could feel everyone's stares still on me.

Before fully leaving I heard rio growl out "stop fucking looking at her like that"

Not realizing a smile had crept on my face as I exited the door to go back to rios office.

As soon as I entered his office the scent was so manly. A strong cinnamon scent. After finding the paper laying on his desk, I entered the conference room. As again I felt everybody's eyes on me again and I started to feel uncomfortable.

I looked in the direction of rio and I saw the way his jaw clenched when he saw my worried gaze. I walked over to him and placed the paper on the table.

Before I could walk away, I felt his hand grip onto my thigh, stopping me from moving to the corner of the room.

I swallowed heavily as butterflies in my stomach exploded.

Damn-

"Are they making you uncomfortable?" He questioned, turning his full attention to me as his eyes softened. I nodded my head just the slightest bit.

His gaze turned dark and he avoided the other people staring at me. He gathered his papers and stood up from his desk, then took my hand and exited.

He lead me back to his office, then shut the door behind him after we entered. "I'm sorry. I'm fucking sorry for being such an ass to you all this time. I'm sorry for all those fuckers in the room who made you uncomfortable.." he was about to continue but I cut him off.

"It's fine rio I've been treated worst"I forced a smile before I looked down.

"What do you mean?" He furrowed his eyebrows.

"Nothing rio, there was no need to end the meeting though" I looked up at him with a soft gaze and his eyes found me.

"Mm... you know your right. I'll be back in a second." His eyes darkened.

I was taken back. What? I was only joking-

After some time of looking through paperwork, I heard the office door open and In came rio.

He walked across the office to me his eyes on mine the whole time.

When he approached me, he stood in between my legs, his skin brushing mine, making me shiver a little bit.

Taking his hands out from behind his back, i gasped when I saw the flowers he held out to me. But why was there blood and bruises on his hand.

I gently took the flowers and placed them on the desk as I looked at his knuckles. "Rio what did you do" I looked at his knuckles and back up at him, I watched as a smirk grew on his face.

"What do you think?" He smirked and bit his lip. "Don't tell me you beat them to death rio" I narrowed my eyes at him.

He shrugged before going to a cabinet and poured him a drink. "Want any?" He offered. "No thank you, I should get going" I got up and took the flowers.

He grabbed my arm gently "I have an important meeting with some other business tomorrow at 8pm and I want you to accompany me, I might get drinks after" he softly spoke.

"Fine I guess and where is this 'meeting' gonna be?" I asked. "I'll text it too you" he let go of my arm and went back to his drink. "You don't eve.." he cut me off "I'll text you nat, have a goodnight " he gulped down his drink. I nodded in response and left the building.

***

RIO FINALLY HAVING SOME COMMON SINCE?!!!

VOTE!! THOUGHTS?