Chapter 27

After lunch...

They ride together to the venue, almost a 4hrs ride. They were pretty tired and went to fast asleep and tomorrow morning they got a note to be ready at 10 am and come to the hall from their fathers...They all got changed quickly, as they entered the hall they were all sitting there the dads, moms, and siblings.
They were asked to sit down and they were at the dining hall all dug into the plate.

Then after a few minutes...
Min young's dad speaks

"By 11:30 there will be some acquaintances from our social circle coming here....so that you can all have some investment in your business...I know the 3 of you may work together but one day you all gonna be independent Chairman like Seungcheol now. So here is our party and we would like to introduce you to the chaebols and their kids and so on. Then there we will announce your engagement! " (Pointing to min young and Nara)
They all gleamed and continue to dig on

Hearing this scoups speaks up
"So appa I don't want any investments from others but I like to have the investment from min young and you too invest in us? " then he looks at June.

"Yes, Seungcheol... " she answered with a smile

"So it's been settled " he shrugged

"Son, may not you want but they want you to invest them, ok? " his dad said

"Yes, ik " he shrugs off

They are headed to the ball it's for congratulating the engagement of Nara and min young...Nara is fully confused and doesn't know what to do...she saw his parents coming...she is very happy to see them and greeted them. They are happy about her marrying not knowing it is fake. She feels guilty but seeing them happy she calms down a little bit.
She decided to speak with min young about being guilty after the crowd goes.

All the acquaintances are gathered there, their scoups brother and his wife, and min young's sister are married to scoups' brother. They are not arranged but a love marriage, they went to the same college and fell in love and married...so min young and scoups are related.

The party begins after Min young's father cheers everyone and announced their engagement...Then after a few errands, June and scoups talked to some same-age fellas out there...Suddenly June's father came to the stage and stood up in front of the microphone. And followed by scoups' dad. It caught the attention of everyone.

"It's been a while since I see you all... I and choi ssi want to tell you all something. "

June and scoups calmly hear this but deep in their minds something bad is coming, the feeling haunted.

Then the dads continued ...

"Since you all know, we have been friends for years and the three of us kwon ssi and choi ssi are family related and now it's time for us... So my daughter is there and his son is there we had likely to engage them up...and welcomed them to stage...

June stuck there for a minute after scoups grab her hands to follow him to the stage...He is smiling right now but June has an expressionless face...they are standing hand in hand on the stage.

Min-young is suspiciously looking at them after seeing Seung cheol smiling. He thought " he always knows how to respond in public, never changes"

They continued...
" so the guest, all of you bless our children... Nara and min young, then the unofficial couple junah and Seung cheol.
Let's cheer all..." They raised their glasses.

The crowd started to go away after sometime
June had the same expressionless face and want to kill herself but Seungcheol is happily seeing them off one by one...
Then they faced each other...
He comes to June and started to speak

"Hey, are you ok? " makes a concerned face and ask.

"How can you be so calm after hearing this? " she glared at him

"Let's head out first and ask them later. How is it? " he grabbed her hands she followed him to the poolside.

All others went to sleep.
Scoups and June are there standing alone...June is zoned out looking at the stars and thinking hard about how to oppose this. Scoups is worried about her and looking at her.

"Hey June, how about telling your father you like shua? Since they knew shua personally..." He proposed a plan and look at her face.

" nope I told them that day I am single"
She said little annoyed

"Ok, we never expect this," he told

"Is there any way to call off" she looked at him.

"I don't think so...if it's called off how are our parents gonna face them the others" he was concerned about the public opinion about parents might get hurt.

She nodded at that time Nara is all drunk up and come to the poolside...

Continue...