Until The End - Natasha ⧗

"Hey Nat!" I cheered as I jumped on the sofa, mere inches away from landing on top of her.

"Hey kotenok (kitten)!" She called back with a large smile on her face.

We had the whole compound to ourselves as the others were either out shopping, with family or on small missions or training checks.

Nat turned the volume down on the TV as I spoke to her, rambling about my day and random things as per usual. She stared into my eyes as she listened.
She was the only person who actually listened to me.

I had constantly been teased and bullied for my ADHD diagnosis and the inability to stay on one topic when talking but Nat had always defended me and she genuinely listened to me when I spoke which no one else had done for me.

A comfortable silence fell between us. I leant my head across her shoulder and she wrapped her muscular arm around me, pulling me closer and holding me tightly, making me feel completely safe.

We laid there for a while as I switched my attention from the TV to the beautiful women who was beside me.

I reached up and turned the TV off. I sat up and played with the remote control. Nat sat up and from the corner of my eye, I could see her confused expression as she looked at me.

"Are you ok milashka (cutie) ?" She removed the remote from my hands and replaced it with her hands. I twirled the rings around her fingers and played with her fingers.

"Nat..." I started but lost all confidence in what I was going to say, causing me to be rendered silent.

"Yeah, detka (baby) ?" She replied after a few moments.

"Can you promise me something?" I muttered as tears filled my eyes. She wiped my cheeks with her thumbs and cupped my cheeks with her fingers. She kissed the tip of my nose making me smile and giggle like a silly child. She chuckled and held my hands, allowing me to play with her fingers once again.

"Promise me that you'll love me forever?" I asked, avoiding her eye as I spoke feeling embarrassed.

"Until the end."

She gently pulled me back down on to her and we watched a film. Her fingers curled themselves around strands of my hair. I clasped her other hand in my own and played with her fingers. Every now and again, I planted a soft kiss on her knuckles making her grin.

That day ended quickly and before too long disappeared into my mind.

My hands tightly gripped the steering wheel as I swerved between the traffic. Tears flooded my eyes as I drove. Memories of her filled my brain, turning my brain into mush and filling it with the fog of Natasha.

I parked quickly and exited the car, slamming the car door aggressively. I pulled out the bouquet of flowers and walked to where she was.

"You look beautiful baby!" I chuckled as I knelt down beside her.

I rearranged the teddies and flowers along the stone as I tried to tidy it up. I planted my new bulbs and stood up some of the pictures which had fallen.

I caressed the engravings of the stone with my fingers.

'Natasha Romanoff
The black widow symbol
Daughter, Sister, Avenger'

I wiped my tears away as I stared at her grave.
She really was gone.

I turned to the side of the stone. I wrapped my arms around it, hugging it tightly like how Nat used to hug me and rested my forehead against the cool granite.

"Until the end." I muttered.

BONUS

"Until the end." I heard her mutter.

"Great! Now I've lost my mind!" I chuckled loudly.

"No, you haven't. Turn around." She spoke again.

"Very funny Lena. Talking like Nat, haha!" I replied, wiping my tears once again. I stood up and tried to compose myself. I desperately tried to level out my breathing but failed dismally.

I turned around.

I was met with an angel.
A tall girl with long red hair, bright green eyes and plump pink lips.

"Natasha?" I gasped, nearly fainting from the shock.

"I'm home baby. Until the end, remember?"

I collapsed onto the floor and she ran over wrapping her arms round me as I sobbed.

She was alive?

"Until the end?" I gasped for breath.

She tilted my chin up so I was looking at her with her finger. She leant my forehead against hers. "Until the end!" She whispered.

Whoops, made another sad one. Sorry not sorry. I hope the bonus made up for it. I hope you all have a great day!