Chapter 9

(Lunch Time)

The members sat around the cafeteria, keeping a distance of at least three tables between each group. Techno yawned before taking off his crown and putting his head down.

Dream was sitting with George and Tommy, talking about earlier events. "So, Tommy, where did you run off to like that?" George asked, trying not to be too loud. 

"I went to get water like mocking Dream fucked up my throat, speaking of which," he said, turning to Dream. "Don't you have something you wanna say?" Dream shrugged, pretending as if he did nothing wrong. "Stop being such a bitch"  Tommy said, punching Dream playfully.

"Okay, Okay, fine; I'm sorry, Tommy. I didn't mean to grab you that hard, but you actually pissed me off with the mask comment." he chuckled before noticing Deku walking over, "Oh shit, it's the green hair kid." Dream said quietly enough, so he didn't hear.

"Hello, You're Tommy, right?" The green-haired boy asked nervously, holding his notebook.

"Yep, that's me, the one and only!" Tommy said with his usual inflated ego. Dream rolled his eyes.

"I wanted to ask about your friendship with Tubbo," Deku said curiously but quickly realized his mistake when he saw the angry look Tommy gave him. "I only guess you were friends, but if you weren't, I'm sorry."

Tommy sighed, "Me and Tubbo fought alongside Wilbur to get freedom from Dream." Tommy looks up at Dream, who just stares back at him through his mask, "I guess it was all pointless in the end; nothing matters." He said, sounding defeated.

Deku frantically wrote it all down, "If Dream was the one preventing you from m having freedom, then why to hang out around him?" Dream quickly jumped in.

"Because I'm the only one who actually cares about him," Dream reached across the table and placed a hand on Tommy's shoulder. "I visited him while he was in exile; Tubbo couldn't be bothered to hold onto a compass. I was there to save Tommy when he was at his lowest; remember Tommy?"

Tommy nodded, "I remember the lava," he said quietly.

"Tommy doesn't need Tubo or anyone else, just me," Dream finished. Deku stared at the two for a moment before just walking away, feeling the harsh tension between them. After walking away, Deku stopped and continued to write his thoughts down in his books.

'Tommy and Tubbo had a severe falling out that led to Tubbo exiling Tommy, who now seems to be in a toxic friendship with Dream, the person who originally stopped them from having freedom in the first place. I need to talk with Tubbo; maybe there's more I need to know.'

Tubbo and Ranboo sat together, happily chatting away while Techno quickly spoke with Philza. "Hello Tubbo Ranboo, what do you think of U.A. so far?" Deku said, approaching them.

"Oh, it's great. I had tons of fun in that sewing class!" Tubbo said

"Yeah, I wish I could've seen the sheep. The teacher didn't have the right wool color I needed. " Ranboo said, playing with Tubbo's hair.

"That was home economics, and we don't have sheep on campus. It comes from overseas," Deku explained. "Anyways, is it okay If I ask you something, Tubbo?"

"Hit me"

"What happened that caused you to exile Tommy?" Deku asked. Ranboo's eyes widened as he watched Tubbo bend his fork. Tubbo took a harsh breath before shaking his head, "Ask me something else, anything that isn't about Tommy or his exile," Tubbo said.

"Oh, sorry, didn't mean to upset you," Deku apologized. "Don't worry about it," Tubbo said.

"What happened to the left side of your face?"

"Oh god," Ranboo said, holding his head. At that moment, Deku knew he fucked up.

"*Sigh* Technoblade shot me with fireworks at the red festival," Tubbo said calmly.

"Why?" Deku asked

Technoblade lifted his head, scaring Deku, who thought he was asleep. He then leaned back and did a big stretch before settling. His eyes were red and a bit puffy, along with his slowed speaking and mentioned voice really showed how tired he was. "I was peer pressured into it; he wasn't supposed to die," Techno said. Before Deku could ask Techno to elaborate, the bell rang, signaling the end of lunch and Time for P.E.

(A/N- Sorry for the short and awkward chapter, but I promise a big surprise is coming up in the next few chapters.)