Chapter 8: Ollivanders

Lucius smiles proudly at his sons, "Certainly wasn't easy but well worth the effort".

Ollivander smiles and turns to the twins standing in front of his desk, "What can I do for you boys?".

They smile politely, "We would like our wands please".

"Ah, starting Hogwarts soon. Wonderful, who wants to go first?".

They start jumping, "Me, me" "I do, I do".

Ollivander laughs, "Such eager young boys, marvellous". He turns towards Draco, "Why don't we start with you?".

Draco smiles excitedly, Harry looking jealous at his brother.

Severus places his hand on his shoulder, "Patience, Hadrian. You'll get your turn".

Ollivander nods, "Don't worry my boy. I have a feeling your brother's wand won't take long at all". He turns to Draco, "Now, I will place a few boxes in front of you. All you have to do is wave your hand over them and tell me which one you feel the strongest pull to".  

He nods as Ollivander grabs a few boxes from his shelf and places them in front of Draco on the desk. He closes his eyes and waves his hand over them. After a few seconds he feels a pull and places his hand on the box.

He opens his eyes and Ollivander grabs the box, "Aspen wood, interesting. The kind most suited for a very skilled dueler".  

Draco looks towards his brother excitedly. Though they are twins, they can be quite different in certain areas. Out of the two, Draco definitely has a more love of duelling.

Ollivander replaces the previous boxes with some smaller ones, "Repeat with these ones as well".

As before, Draco waves his hand over the boxes. Almost immediately he feels a pull towards one. He places his hand on the box and Ollivander looks slightly shocked.

"Dragon heartstring core. Very powerful indeed. I expect great things from you, my boy".  He puts the remaining boxes away and turns to Harry, "Time for your wand". 

Draco moves next to his father and Harry takes his place. Having seen how his brother did, he was even more excited about what his own wand would entail. Considering he just witnessed how this worked, Ollivander didn't feel the need to repeat himself.

Like before, he places some boxes on the desk in front of Harry. He waves his hand over and closes his eyes. He felt a very strong pull to one in particular, placing his hand on top.  

Ollivander looks impressed and smiles, "Cedar wood. Remind me not to cross you".

Replacing the boxes with the same smaller ones from before, Harry feels a strong pull without having to wave his hand or close his eyes. He immediately places his hand on the box to the far right, shocking the wandmaker.

"Rougarou hair core...my word Lucius, you have some very powerful children".

Lucius laughs and smiles proudly, "Indeed they are. My sons are my pride and joy".

The twins smirk and stand by their father and godfather.  

Ollivander nods, "You should be very proud of them. Well then, these should be done within an hour". He leans over and whispers to the boys, "Just between us, I'm making these wands my top priority".

Lucius nods, "Thank you for your assistance. Come boys, we have a few more things to get for you both".

They nod and turn to leave the store. They converse with each other excitedly about their wands and what they know about the wandlore of each. Lucius smiles at his sons, extremely proud of them. He knows they will be Hogwarts royalty.