Chapter 23: Obsession

Just as Hadrian predicted, the students were going to be working on the potions for the Cure for Boils. After her little humiliation, Hermione decided to stay at the very back of the classroom, far from the twins and their godfather.  

Severus waves his wand and the instructions appear on the board behind him, "These are the precise instructions to make a Cure for Boils potion. Pair up and get started. Take note of any observations you notice".

Hadrian and Draco immediately get out of their seats and grab a cauldron from under the table, the others following him. Hadrian decides to pair up with Theo since he knew his brother would want to be with Blaise, Crabbe and Goyle pairing up with each other.  

As one person prepared the equipment, the other person went over to the shelves and got the ingredients. Hadrian places the ingredients on the table as Theo places the cauldron on the stand. Halfway through class, the boys were done with the first part and now waiting for the concoction to brew for forty-five minutes.  

Theo takes this time to get to know his roommate more, "So what's the deal with you and Granger?".

Hadrian sighs, "Where to begin? She has some sort of...preconception of who I am".

Draco pipes in while turning on the fire, "She has some sort of obsession with him for Merlin knows what reason".

Theo laughs, "Well, I guess it's a good thing that you're related to a professor".

By this time, the whole table was waiting for their cauldron to brew and just talked with each other, keeping an eye on their cauldron. While walking around, Severus came up to the group to see how they were going.  

He inspects their cauldrons, "How's it going over here, boys?".

Hadrian smiles, "Really well. Everyone seems to be on track so we're just getting to know each other".

Severus nods, "That's wonderful to hear, Hades. May I see the notes you all have taken so far?".

They all nod and pass him their notebooks where they have written down what they have observed while making the potion. Some pointed out the change in colour, while another described how the powdered snake fangs mixed in. Draco even took note of alternative methods he'd read about.  

He passes them back, "Well done, boys. Keep up the good work. You'll all be fine Potion Masters in no time".

They all smile proudly, "Thank you sir" "Thanks Uncle Sev".

He nods, "Just call out if you need anything".  

Severus continues to walk around the other tables to check on their progress. He was being a lot more critical with them since most of them seemed to be having trouble. While the boys were talking amongst each other, someone decided to interrupt them.  

Pansy walks over and hangs on Draco's arm, "Draco~".

He stiffens, "What do you want, Parkinson?".

She pouts, "I'm having trouble with my potion. Can you help me~?".

Hadrian watches as his brother is put into a very uncomfortable situation. He looks over and sees Blaise seething and giving the girl a death glare that could scare his father.  

Draco shakes his arm off, "No. Now leave me alone".

"Come on, Draco. You wouldn't want me to fail on my first day, would you?".

He glares, "I couldn't care less what happens to you. Now leave me alone, before you get the Granger treatment from Professor Snape".  

She sighs, about to leave, when she notices something shiny around his neck. She squints her eyes to see the gold snake necklace he had gotten from Blaise.

She giggles, "What a pretty necklace. You can get me one and we can match-".  

Just as she reaches her hand out, another grabs her wrist tightly. She turns in surprise to see Blaise glaring down at her.

He grits though his teeth, "Keep...your hands...off him".

She nods in fear and runs back to her table. Hadrian walks over to his brother, who was breathing heavily and clutching the necklace in his hand.  

Hadrian grabs his shoulder, "You ok, Dray?".

Draco lets out a big sigh and nods, "Yeah, just...need to be more discreet with my necklace I guess".

Blaise sighs and grabs his hand, "Seems like Granger isn't the only one with an obsession problem".