Chapter 13: Hogwarts Express

Lucius and Narcissa pull their sons in for a big hug.

Pulling back, Narcissa kneels down, "Promise me that you will look out for each other. Your godfather warned you about Dumbledore, especially you Hades. For the love of Merlin, if that man tries anything, and I mean anything, you go straight to Severus. Do you understand?".

They nod, "We promise, mama".  

Lucius kneels down next to his wife, "We fully trust that Severus will look out for you both, but he can't be there 24/7, and neither can we. You can use his floo to contact us or come home at any time".

Hadrian smiles, "We know, father. But if we are going to continue grandpa's legacy, then we need to be there to discover the Headmaster's weaknesses and blindspots".

Lucius smirks, "That's my boy. Your grandfather would be so proud of you both". He stands and turns to Severus, "Let's get these boys on the train". 

After some final goodbyes, Severus leads the three boys onto the Hogwarts Express. He leads them towards an open cabin and helps them get settled in.

He leans against the door frame as the boys sit down, "I need to head to the teacher's section so I'll leave you boys be. If you need me, ask one of the prefects to let you in, they should know who you are".

The twins nod, "Thanks, Uncle Sev".  

Severus smiles and closes the door, leaving the boys to themselves. Draco was seated next to Blaise while Hadrian sat opposite them. They hold onto each other as the train jolts, starting to move out of the station. The twins looked out the window and waved to their parents.

Just as they leave their view, Hadrian pulls out a sketchbook, while Draco and Blaise read the creature book that he got him. As they started to relax, they heard a commotion from somewhere down the hall. Their compartment door opens and two familiar redheads enter.

They smirk as they recognise Hadrian, "Fancy seeing you here" "Mind if we sit here?" "Everywhere else is full".  

Hadrian nods, "Of course".

They close the door and sit on either side of him and look down at his sketchbook, "Whatcha doing there, Hades?".

He continues drawing, "I'm working on a piece for my godfather to hang in his office".

"Impressive".  

Hadrian continues drawing and the Weasley twins engage in conversation with Draco, mainly asking questions about Hadrian's adoption and their childhood.

They get a knock on their compartment door, "Anything from the trolley, dears?".  

Fred and George jump up immediately, "Hell yeah!". They look back at the other boys, "Anything for you guys?".

Draco shakes his head and responds for him and Blaise, "We're ok".

Hadrian nods, "Just a chocolate frog for me".  

They nod and grab their sweets, thanking the trolley lady and sitting back down. Fred passes Hadrian his frog and starts eating his own sweets. Hadrian opens his frog, which jumps and lands on the window. He grabs it and puts it in his mouth as he grabs the card.

He scoffs and turns to Draco, "I got Dumbledore".

He laughs, "What rotten luck you have, Hades".  

Hadrian smiles sarcastically and starts reading the back of the card, "Considered by many the greatest wizard of modern times...". Draco snickers as he rolls his eyes and continues reading, "...Dumbledore is particularly famous for his defeat of the dark wizard Grindelwald in 1945, for his discovery of the 12 uses of dragon's blood, and his work on alchemy with his partner, Nicolas Flamel. Approximately one hundred and fifty years old, Professor Dumbledore enjoys chamber music, tenpin bowling, and-".

Blaise interjects, "He's a hundred and fifty years old?".

Draco nods, "Unfortunately. He's long overdue to turn to dust".

The group laughs together as they hear another knock at their compartment door.

Hadrian sighs, "Now what?".