Chapter 27: Pride of Slytherin

Hadrian and Draco were now eating dinner in the Great Hall, having just told Blaise, Crabbe and Goyle about their recent news.

Blaise smiles at the two, "Wow, seeker and beater. You two must be the youngest Quidditch players in history". He gives Draco, who was sitting next to him, a side hug, "I'm so proud of you".

Draco looks up from his shoulder, "You promise to come to all our games and practices?".

He laughs, "I wouldn't miss them for the world".  

Crabbe leans over to whisper to Hadrian, "Are they always like this?".

Hadrian smirks and whispers back, "I recommend carrying around a puke bucket".  

Draco lightly smacks him on the head, "Shut up".

They hear two familiar voices behind them, "Well done, Malfoys" "Flint just told us the good news".

Hades turns his head to see the other infamous twins, "You spoke to Marcus?".

They smirk, "Oh, first name basis eh?" "Looks like we have some competition".  

Draco rolls his eyes, "Anyway, it's true. Hades and I are now on the Slytherin Quidditch team".

Fred nods, "Georgie and I are on the Gryffindor team. Beaters as well".

George nods and pats Draco's shoulder, "Our job to make sure they don't get bloodied up. No promises, though, I'm sure".

Hadrian smirks and stands with his hands behind his back.  

He looks up at the two and pouts, "You promise to go easy on us, right? I would hate to get hurt in my first official Quidditch match".

Draco and Blaise look at each other, wondering where he was going with this little act.

The twins smile, "We would never dream of putting you in harm's way, Hades".  

Fred nods and smirks, "But don't think we'll just give you the win so easily, little one".

Hades tilts his head, "Aw, that's so cute. You think you've got a chance against the Malfoy twins. Perhaps you are as naive as your family".

They gasp, playfully offended, "Cheeky one, indeed. We'll see you on the field, Hades".  

They walk towards the Gryffindor table, Hades sitting back down next to Draco and continues eating as if nothing happened.

Draco was not so easy to forget, "You wanna explain yourself, brother?".

Hades shrugs his shoulders, "I don't know what you're talking about".

Blaise rolls his eyes, "Don't give us that. What the hell was with the innocent act?".  

He turns to them, "I think you both need to get your eyes checked. Clearly you've been staring at each other too much".

Draco and Blaise glance at each other, blushing as they quickly turn their heads away. Hades smirks proudly to himself, he knew his brother and best friend too well. Crabbe and Goyle just watch the interaction, wondering what they just got themselves into.  

Crabbe decides to break the silence, "I'm curious, how long have you guys been flying? You must be pretty good to be placed on the team so young".

Draco snaps out of his daze, "Uh, we've been flying since we were about three years old. Our older brother was the one to teach us".

Blaise nods, "I will admit though that Hades is probably the best out of the three of us".  

Hadrian takes a sip of pumpkin juice, "Uncle Sev says it's in my blood".

Draco squints, "I don't recall father ever playing Quidditch before".

He shakes his head, "Pas notre père" (Not our father).  

Moments later, they are stood in front of a glass display case. They all stare in silence at the wooden plaque of prized Quidditch players. One of the etched names stood out to the group, especially Hades. 

James Potter : Chaser 1972.