Chapter 28: Meeting the Team

Heading back to the common room, Hadrian explained everything to Crabbe and Goyle. He wasn't worried about them spilling secrets as they already swore their loyalty to the Malfoy family. They were, of course, shocked that he was adopted but even more so at who he was adopted from.  

Crabbe leans back on the couch, "I would have never guessed you were adopted. You two really do look like twins".

Hadrian laughs, "It's not a coincidence. I changed my hair a while ago to match Draco's. After our parents explained everything, I felt I needed to...reset myself. Draco and I are as close as brothers can get. Growing up, I hated that no one could tell we were related".

Draco smirks, "And there was no way in hell that I was going to be dying my hair black".  

Goyle nods, "But to think you're actually Harry Potter...". He shakes his head, "...that would shock the wizarding world if that got out".

Hadrian glares playfully, "And I trust you two will never be the reason for it".

They shake their heads rapidly, "We would never do that to you, Hades".  

Before he could respond, the common room door opens and Marcus Flint walks in.

He walks over to the group, "Good evening. Am I interrupting anything?".  

Hadrian shakes his head, "Not at all. What can we do for you, Marcus?".

Marcus stands with his hands on his hips, "I just wanted to let you both know that we're going to have our first practice session tomorrow. Give you guys a chance to meet the team".

Draco smirks, "You mean so we can show off why we're on the team".

He laughs, "Exactly. After breakfast, I'll show you where the pitch is and we can see how you both connect with the entire team".  

Hadrian nods, "Sounds good".  

The next morning, the twins follow Flint through the hallway and towards the Quidditch Pitch. Blaise stayed with Crabbe and Goyle at breakfast, the three planning to watch them practise a little later on once they've settled.  

Walking towards a tent, Marcus looks over his shoulder, "This is the changing room. Before every match, we need to go over the game plan. Every game is different, even if we play the same team there will always be modifications made".

They walk in and notice the other team members standing in small groups and conversing with one another.  

Marcus calls out, "Alright, look alive!". The others stop and turn to them as Marcus gestures to the boys next to him, "I'm sure by now you are all aware of who these two are. If not, welcome back from hibernation. Draco and Hadrian Malfoy are now our new Beater and Seeker. This means that we have an extra Beater. So...". He points to two Fourth Year boys, "...Terence and Finn, you two will trade off every game. The one sitting out will be our substitute".  

The Keeper, Miles Bletchley, asked, "I thought player substitutions weren't allowed?".

Marcus sighs, "Professionally no. But because we now have First Years, especially as they are the Malfoy children, the school cannot afford them getting seriously hurt".  

One of the Beaters, Terence Higgs, raises his hand, "Why do Finn and I need to trade off and not Draco?".

"You both have been on the team for a couple years now. Draco needs the experience of playing with a team and could really benefit from the variety. It's either this or I cut one of you from the team". This made them quiet, "Now, grab your brooms and let's head out".