Chapter 32: Alliances

Come time for dinner, the Slytherin and Gryffindor boys have formed some sort of understanding. Mainly sprouting from their mutual distaste for the know-it-all girl.

Hadrian, Draco and Blaise are conversing with each other about their upcoming History of Magic lesson when the three Gryffindor boys walk over to sit at their own table across from them.

Hadrian turns to his brother, "Can I invite them over to sit with us?".

Draco turns back with raised eyebrows, "Since when have you ever needed permission from me?".

Blaise snickers, "Since when have you ever listened when it wasn't given anyway?".

Hadrian smirks, "Very funny". He turns around to face the Gryffindor table, "Seamus!". The boy turns around with a slightly shocked look and Hadrian gestures his head, "Tagann sibhse agus suí linn" (You guys come and sit with us).

Seamus turns back and nods, standing up with Ron and Dean following him. Some of the older Gryffindors watch in confusion as they make their way towards the Slytherins. They were about to call them out but once they noticed that they sat with the Malfoy twins, they decided to keep their mouths shut.

Seamus smiles, "Tá iontas orm go mbeadh tú ag iarraidh a bheith le feiceáil linn" (I am surprised that you would want to be seen with us).

Hadrian smirks, "Seans gur Malfoy mé ach ní raibh mórán measa agam ar cad a cheapann daoine díom" (I might be a Malfoy but I couldn't care less what people think of me).

Draco shakes his head, "I still have no idea when you found the time to learn Irish".

Ron laughs, "How attached at the hip are you two exactly?".

Blaise huffs, "Don't even get me started on that. I swear I can't get five minutes alone with either of them".

Draco laughs and leans on his arm, "You know I'll always make time for you".

Blaise blushes as Ron, Seamus and Dean turn to Hadrian with knowing faces. Hadrian smirks with his tongue between his teeth as he nods.

Dean decides to change the subject, "So what exactly is Granger's deal with you?".

Hadrian sighs, "She seems to have this genius idea that I'm actually Harry Potter".

Ron snickers, "That's insane, you look nothing like him. My mother told me all about him because she wanted me to be friends with him. Other than your eye colour, you guys have nothing in common".

Seamus asks, "Wasn't he supposed to attend Hogwarts this year? What happened to him?".

Ron shrugs, "I overheard my mother talking with someone who mentioned that Potter's files had been scraped or missing".

Hadrian squints, "Who would want access to his files?".

"I didn't recognise the voice but my only guess would be a Ministry official or someone from Gringotts. I mean, your father works for the Ministry so correct me if I'm wrong but you need special permission to access someone's file. Especially a minor with no living parents".

Draco nods, "Huh. You are correct, it takes a really long time before someone could gain access to Potter's files, especially someone not related. They would have to go through every living relative or godparent, and if nothing's found then it's granted".

Dean asks, "So, do you think he died? Or went missing?".

Blaise sighs, "Given the massive target on his back I wouldn't be surprised. Although I will say, we don't know where he went after his parents died. For all we know...he didn't get placed with very understanding people".