Chapter 26: The Godfather

McGonagall leads the three into the room and sits at her desk, as Blaise closes the door behind them.  

She gestures in front of her, "Please, sit".

They each grab a chair and place them in front of the desk, Blaise sitting in between Hadrian and Draco.  

McGonagall leans on her desk, "It has come to my attention that you two...". She points to the Malfoys, "...went against instructions and put not only yourselves, but your classmate in danger".

Hadrian sighs, "In our defence, Professor, it's not like she stopped-".

She interrupts, "That's not the point, Mr. Malfoy. Flying on a broom recklessly is not acceptable behaviour".

Draco rolls his eyes, "We've been flying since we were three, trust me, that wasn't reckless in the slightest".  

"I don't appreciate the attitude, Mr. Malfoy. I expected better from the children of the Malfoy family".  

The two look at each other with slight guilt, suddenly feeling like they had betrayed their family. Their biggest fear in the world is disappointing their parents.

A voice from behind them interrupts their thoughts, "That's quite enough, Minerva".

They turn to see Severus standing in the doorway with a glare on his face that is directed towards McGonagall.  

The twins run over, "Uncle Sev!".

They run into his arms, hiding their faces in his chest as Blaise slowly walks over to stand by his side.

He wraps his arms around them, turning to her, "And I don't appreciate the way you are talking to my godsons".  

She sighs, "Severus, you have to understand-".

"I thought I made it clear that any disciplinary actions involving my godsons are to be done through me. This should have been discussed with me before you decided to go and make them feel like a failure to their family name".

She stands, "My apologies, Severus, that was not my intention".

He nods, "Regardless, I will take them and talk to them myself. Good day".  

He leads the boys out of the office and Blaise closes the door. He leads them down into the dungeons and into the Slytherin common room.

He sits them down on the couches and kneels in front of them, "Are you two ok?".

They nod and respond with a quiet voice, "We're ok, Uncle Sev".

"Hey". He cups their faces, "You did absolutely nothing wrong. I spoke with Longbottom and he told me everything".

Hadrian sniffles, "We just hate disappointing you, Uncle Sev".

He shakes his head, "You could never disappoint me. I am so proud of you both. And to prove it...". He stands and calls out, "Flint! Get in here!".  

The door to his office opens and a tall Slytherin boy with dark hair walks in.

Severus smirks, "Boys, this is Marcus Flint. Your Quidditch captain".  

They look in confusion, "Quidditch captain?".

Marcus nods, "That's right. You two are my new...". He points to Hadrian, "...seeker and...". He points to Draco, "...beater of the Slytherin team".