Chapter 17: Sorting Ceremony

Hermione stutters, "B-but-".

Draco steps forward, "You heard them. Step away from my brother". He turns to the two boys, "Names, boys?".

They turn around, keeping distance between the twins and Hermione, "We're Crabbe and Goyle".  

He smiles, "Perfect". He turns and walks over to the boy standing with Hermione, "No need to ask yours" He gestures around him, "Red hair, freckles, and a hand-me down robe. You must be a Weasley. I believe you've already met my brother...".

Hadrian walks up and leans his elbow on Draco's shoulder, smirking, "...as I have already met yours".  

Ron sighs, "Yes, they...mentioned meeting a new friend. Speaking of...". He turns to Neville, "...You don't want to go making friends with the wrong sort. We can help you there".

He stuck his hand out to Neville, who looked scared and confused at the offer. Before he could say anything, Professor McGonagall returns.  

She calls out, "We are ready for you".

The group of first-years start to file into the great hall. They all look amazed at the thousands of candles floating midair above the four long tables that are lined with students clapping at their entrance. They look up at the ceiling to see it lined with bright stars and an icy blue moon.

As they walk through the two middle tables, Hadrian spots the Weasley twins cheering extra loud. He rolls his eyes in amusement and laughs. 

Hermione decides to speed walk right next to Hadrian, "It's not real, the ceiling. It's only bewitched to look like the night sky. I read about it in Hogwarts, A History".

Draco hears this and whispers, "Pense-t-elle sérieusement que c'est impressionnant?" (Does she really think that's impressive?).

Hadrian sighs, "Qui sait ce qu'elle pense" (Who knows what she's thinking).  

They all get to the front of the room, looking around at all the teachers sitting at the high table. The boys smile as they see Severus, who tries to keep his mask up at the sight of his godsons. Hadrian scans his eyes when he stops on one particular man sitting front and centre. The sight of said man causes his rage to build up, something his brother and godfather immediately notices.

Draco grabs his hand as he hears a voice in his head, "Don't let him get in your head, Hades".

He sighs, "I won't, Uncle Sev".  

McGonagall steps up on the podium, standing next to a stool with a wizard's hat sitting on top, "Before we begin, Professor Dumbledore would like to say a few words".

Hadrian watches the man as he stands from his seat, not taking his eyes away from the man who stripped him of everything.

Dumbledore adjusts his posture, "Yes, and here they are: Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak! Thank you".  

The students thunder with applause as Hermione smiles, "I heard he's a genius".

Hadrian and Draco stare at each other with wide eyes and great confusion. What happened to this place?

Draco sighs and whispers, "We should have gone to Durmstrung".