A Hellfire Christmas

>Trying to involve the Hellfire club in Christmas, something goes terribly wrong.

Word Count: 1.2K

Warning: none

Make sure to check out my Tumblr & Instagram! (Colorhead2207)

**************************************************************************

It was almost six o'clock, which meant the boys could be here any moment. I was at the drama club, where Hellfire took place every Friday night. Eddie always came in first, to set out all the equipment, but he wasn't here yet. That gave me the time to prepare everything for his surprise. I hung the last Christmas lights around his chair and went to the closet with costumes to hide. I had to see his reaction to the tree I set up in the corner of the room, and the lights that decorated the whole room. I've spent the whole evening decorating the Hellfire club for Christmas. I knew Eddie wasn't really a big fan of the light and cheer, but I couldn't keep this away from the boys. They deserved some Christmas atmosphere to play their fantasy game in. And on top of it all; I liked to bully Eddie. He's my boyfriend, but still. I heard some shuffling behind the door and closed the closet door. I could see him coming through the door thought the little crack, and his eyes lit up by seeing all the lights. Not from being surprised. No. He looked terrified.

"Wat the hell?" He looked around and went looking for something. Then, the lights were turned off, and he began to pull the lights off his chair. My heart was beating faster than it ever did before. He seemed mad, as if someone had pulled an awful prank on him. Murmurs filled the air. The only thing I could make up was "Who the hell did this?"

The door squeaked open again, and the boys came in. I didn't dare to come out.

"Hey Eddie! What's up with the Christmas lights?", Mike asked. Eddie startled at the sudden noise and looked at them with big eyes. All the boys wore their Hellfire shirts and settled at the table, throwing their schoolbags in the corner.

"Nothing. I don't know...who got the guts to put Christmas lights on my throne! I swear when I find this person...Their' gonna...I'm gonna..." I watched him as he threw away the lights with anger. I can't believe he did this. I silently came out of the closed and walked over to them. My hands were shaking. The boys looked at me in shock, seeing my red cheeks.

"What are you going to do to me?" I whimpered. The tears build up behind my eyes, and I couldn't bear to stand there any longer. He looked at me in shock, and one of the boys whispered.

"Oh no." I stormed off and ran through the school halls. My bike just stood just outside the building and I couldn't help but wonder why he was so mad at me. I just wanted a laugh. To give him a cozy place where he could have fun with the boys. But it wasn't appreciated....at all.

I dropped my bike in front of my house and ran inside. My mom was in the kitchen, but I ignored her and went straight to bed. He was mad at me. He hated Christmas and I pushed him over some edge I didn't know off. I cried with the covers over my face, trying to steady my breathing.

I woke up from a hand that found my leg. My head was warm from the covers, and I pushed them aside to see how late it was. By looking at the time, I began to wonder if I had slept at all. It was half past six, and Eddie sat on the edge of my bed. His eyes pierced through mine and I wanted to disappear.

"I'm sorry I hurt you," he whispered. "I didn't know you put all those decorations there for me, and I was a douche for throwing them away like that." I nodded and looked at his red cheeks. He was still panting for getting here so fast.

"I spend my whole evening decorating your club. Why do you hate Christmas so much, Eddie?" The sight of him pulling the light off his throne flashed before my eyes again.

"I just don't celebrate it anymore," he stuttered. I could imagine that. He didn't have much family, and Wayne wasn't a big fan of Christmas either. Eddie had jokingly told me he hated Christmas. But at the end of every movie, the bad guy likes Christmas too, right?

"You were so kind and I just...did what I did. It feels like I broke something. Jeez..."

"not between us, right?" I asked. He slowly shook his heas and scooted closer.

"I hope not, because I really like you. I appreciate everything you do for me." His dark eyes met mine. I fell in love with those eyes some months ago. Now I adored them more every second they looked into mine.

"Maybe I should have listened to you more carefully." He shook his head, and his hand found my neck, pulling me closer. I hugged him and closed my eyes.

"I- I actually did like the tree. You did that very beautiful. I didn't break that one on purpose."

"Thank you, Eddie. But I can take it away if you want to." Maybe he associated bad things wit Christmas. He never told me.

"The boys really liked it. Dustin even told me to say thanks to you." He kissed my forehead.

"Go back to your club, Eddie."

"Dismissed. We'll continue on Monday. For now, I have to shower you with kisses." He tickled my sides and I squirmed under his grip.

"Eddie...No stop." I grabbed his hands and gave them a little squeeze. His smile was so handsome. I couldn't even breathe, trying to find the right words to say.

"Tell me please. I feel like we need to talk."

Eddie didn't like Christmas because it was his mom's favorite holiday. He felt like he couldn't properly celebrate it without her. So, he just let the holiday slide while he tried not to think about his family too much. He just spends the nights with Wayne, watching some movies. Somewhere, he felt he had to adjust to you. He already found out you loved Christmas, and he didn't want to ruin all the fun for you. So, he tried, and did his best. You just walked in at the wrong time or... hid at the wrong spot.

"I can't stand seeing the lights and happy people. It just reminds me how I'm never gonna be able to spend it with her." His eyes watered, but I wiped the tears away before they could reach his cheeks.

"It's okay, Eddie. We can celebrate it by baking cookies together and snuggle under a blanket. It doesn't have to be a big deal, you know."

"Maybe you can spend the night, watching movies with Wayne." I looked at him with warm cheeks. I could imagine myself sitting in between the two of them...but that didn't satisfy what Christmas was for me.

"I have to pass that. We can also go to a party. I'm pretty sure Steve is hosting something." Eddie rolled his eyes.

"Of course, my dear. He is hosting something." I smiled.

"Maybe we should give him a visit." His eyebrows went up and I did the same. Then, he kissed my nose.

"Fun."

**************************************************************************

Thank you for reading! Support me by following me on Tumblr!

https://www.tumblr.com/blog/colorhead2207