Plans

Em's POV

"No, Em. I'm not going to the party", Alison's voice said from the other end of the phone. I was laying on my stomach on my bed. I waved my legs in the air.

"Oh, come on, Ali. It would be a great chance for you to meet my friends", I realized that I was biting my pen and put it down on the open calc book. It rolled down the page and on my bed sheets. I stared at it hoping my heart would some day stop racing like this when I was talking to Ali.

"I don't know", she murmured quietly. I could hear the hesitation in her face."I just don't feel like going there to all those people. You know with that what happened at school... I just don't know if I can handle it. And I don't want to see those shit bricks."

"Wow, the lack of your bitchiness is deafening right now. Well, my friends will be there too", I noted looking dully at the open books laying all over my bed."I just really want you to meet them. They're really excited about it."

I could almost hear her thinking through the phone. I could seriously feel the hesitation. It was just making the air thicker. Please, Ali, I begged in my mind. I didn't really even know why I wanted my friends to meet Ali so bad. Maybe I just kind of needed to know they would get along and that they approved her. I mean, they had been my friends for years. What they thought about my girlfriend mattered.

"Okay", Alison interrupted my thoughts (Yay!),"but, I'm telling you, if those bastards start getting all over me, I'm out."

"Yeah, of course", I promised before she got to change her mind. I thought for a second about her words. I gave a small laugh."Wait, all over you?"

She sighed not-so-quietly."My "lack of bithiness" is eating me up", she said with irony in her voice."You get what I mean. So we'll see tomorrow? Can you pick me up 'cause mom and dad aren't really up for me taking the car?"

"Yeah, sure", I heard a knock on the door."Oh, I got to go now but I'll see you tomorrow. Good night, sweetie."

After Ali had said her good night's and hung up on the phone I put it down on the bed and called the knocker. The door opened and my mom's face appeared to the doorway. She had probably just got back from work because she had still on her work clothes."Hey, sweetie. How was school today?"

I smiled. Her calling me sweetie was somehow funny thinking that I'd just less than a minute ago called Ali that."Nothing special. The same old same."

She grinned."Really? Why don't I believe you?"

I sighed. It was hard to keep anything from Pam Fields. Especially if it was me. I sucked at lying to her. Maybe it was a good thing, though."Well, there was this thing..."

"What happened?" she leaned her back against the doorway and crossed her arms on her chest.

"Well, I don't know if you'll like it but... Ali came out today and... we're dating", I blurted out the words afraid of her reaction. I know she didn't take the news that her only child was only interested in girls well but she had really started to come to grips with the idea. I still wasn't sure how she would react.

She looked at me surprised for a moment. Then her face brightened."But that's lovely news!"she walked to me a and leaned over to hug me. I hugged her back feeling the giant stone fall off my chest.

"Thank you for not being mad at me", I whispered in her ear almost the tears rising into my eyes.

"Why would I be mad at you?" she asked as she pulled away."Alison is a lovely girl and I'm so happy you've found a girl like her. But I swear, if she hurts you..."

"Mom", I gave a short laugh."She won't hurt me. I know it. She's had some issues and has had a hard time but I really believe she's changed and that I can help her getting through those hard times."

"Oh, honey, why are you crying?" she tilted her head with concern in her face.

I raised my hand to wipe off the tears I hadn't realized were now rolling down my face."I'm just so happy", I sniffed."She's my everything", I said first, then added," just like you."

My mom embraced me again and I felt like all the ashamed and the hate my mom had felt because of my sexual orientation was now gone. Like a dust in the wind.

|| Yeah, I know, I'm stupid. It's been such a long time I've last published anything, I know. I'm sorry. And I know this is just a short chapter but I promise I'll make the next one longer. I hope. I'm tryng to think if I'll write one or two chapters more and if I'll be a bitch and end this in a very... awful way. Hmmm... We'll see.
I hope you liked it! ||