The Final Warning

Alis's POV

I was at Emily's house, sitting on a kitchen stool, eating cereals from a blue bowl and looking at the clock. On Friday, when I finally got out of the hospital (it had delayed with one day because of some paper issues), my parents weren't there. They had called they'd get me from the parking lot but I waited for them for half an hour but hey didn't show up. That was when I had realized they didn't want me home. Of course they didn't, who had I been I kidding. So, frustrated, I had called to the one person I knew would help me. I called Emily. She had picked me up and I had stayed the next night in their guestroom.

"Good morning, Alison", a chipper woman voice said waking me back to present. I turned to look at Pam, Em's mom, who had just walked into the kitchen.

"Good morning, Mrs Fields", I had met her last night. And Em's dad too. They had just got home from Texas. I had liked them immediately. They were nice and happy, unlike my parents. They had gladly agreed when Em had asked if I could stay for one night.

"Is Emily still in the shower?" Pam asked while turning on the coffee machine. She gave me a half smile."She usually stays there pretty long and runs out all the hot water."

"Yeah, she's still there. But she let me shower first, so I don't mind", I stood up and took the bowl to the sink.

I leaned my back against a kitchen counter and looked at Pam."Thanks for letting me stay over. I don't know what I would've done if you haven't took me here."

She smiled softly."You can stay here anytime you want, sweetie. Our door is always open for you."

I stayed there for a second. I could feel the soothing marble against my hands. It reminded me of the way I had leaned against the car the night me and Em had first kissed. Don't think about that right now, I told myself trying to relax. I turned around and started doing the dishes to calm down.

"You don't have to do that, Alison", I heard Pam say.

"Yeah", I said and took a plate in the other hand and a brush in the other,"I don't, but I want to. This is the least I can do for you for having me here."

"Well, that's very kind of you", I glanced at her. She looked at the clock and almost dropped her coffee mug while doing that."Oh, how the time goes by. I'll be late for a meeting. I have to go now."

Then she left I kept brushing the plates and plastic and ceramic bowls. I was humming some Adele song which name I didn't remember, when I felt someone's hands on my ribs. I almost dropped the plate I was holding. I gazed behind me. Em smiled devilishly.

"Stop tickling, Em. My hands are wet", I laughed and tried to get her hands off me.

She pressed her body against mine."Oh, I don't mind", she whispered to my ear, almost moaning."I'm a swimmer. You know I like wet."

I smirked and turned around to face Em. Her hair was a little messy and wet from the shower. Her cheeks were cutely flushed."You didn't just say that", I smiled.

"Oh, I think I just did", she smirked and leaned forward to kiss me. And before I could realize I had put down the plate I had been holding and kissed her. My heart fluttered feeling her lips on mine. Our hands interwined.

I looked down at the hands holding each other and smiled. Em slowly let go of my hand and started making circles on the back of it. She drew lines on my hand and slowly went upwards. Then her fingers reached my wrist. I stiffened as I saw the white marks that the razorblade had left on my skin. I could hear Emily inhale quietly. I glanced at her carefully. She furrowed her eyebrows worried still looking at the cuts. I looked away in shame. Then I felt her lift my hand and press her lips on them.