Honesty Doesn't Always Come Easy

I hope you find a way to be yourself someday,
In weakness or in strength,
Change can be amazing,
So I pray for the best, I pray for the best for you

Ali's POV

"Wake up, sleepy head", I heard a voice say somewhere near me.

I kept my eyes closed and hoped for the person to leave. There was something familiar about the voice, though. I tried hard to remember who it belonged to. Wait, now I know. I tried to open my eyes but I had to close them again because of the lights. Were the lights so bright earlier?

"Princesa, I don't have all day."

I finally managed to get my eyes fully open. This time, it was Skye sitting next to me. I felt joy raise its head inside me as I saw her. Something about her careless way of smiling like nothing had happened and her bright eyes made me smile too. I sat up.

"Finally, I thought you would never wake up", she sighed and tolled her eyes.

"How long have you been sitting there?"

"Long enough to grow a beard and realize you have a girlfriend", she grinned.

"What?"

"Oh, don't play dumb. The café girl. She's came here checking you out for dozen times and I just got here", she rolled her eyes."And if you try to tell me she's not gay, don't even try. If you already haven't realized, I've awesome gaydar."

I scoffed, but couldn't help but smile."Thanks for coming here. And thanks for the teddy bear", I glanced at the teddy on the table.

Skye chuckled."It's no problem and don't even try to change the subject. What's her name?"

I doupted for a moment before answered."Emily. And we're not dating."

She studied my face."But you wish you were."

"You said you don't have all day", I said narrowing my eyes daringly.

"Well, actually, my mom's waiting for me outside. I should go", she stood up. She turned to look at me at the door. She smirked."Be careful, Alison. You're letting your feelings show."

"Get out of here, and take your stupid feelings with you", I rolled my eyes.

She smiled but then her face turned serious."Alison, I mean what I'm saying right now. You need to make a move. You need to stop being such a coward. I promise you, it's worth it."

Then she was gone. I just sat there staring at the the door. The room felt empty without anyone else. I pulled my legs against my chest. I imagined Emily sitting there, next to me. Her beautiful brown eyes and her gorgeous hair. Her shy smile.

"Ali?" I jumped as I heard a voice from the door.

"Oh, Em. H-hi", I stuttered.

She smiled and got in. There were two cups of coffee in her hands."I brought you some coffee. I figured it would be nice after all the water."

"Well, you're right", I grinned as she handed me the other cup and sat on the chair.

"So what did you talk about?"

"Nothing much. School, mostly", I lied.

"She's the one who gave you the teddy, right?" I nodded."Cute."

Wait, was it me or was she jealous?

"You know, she's a very nice girl",  I said testing her.

"Yeah, she seems nice", Em didn't look at me. Her face turned slightly red and there was disappointed lookin her eyes .

"Em, stop acting. I know you're jealous", I couldn't stop myself from smiling.