Surprise, Surprise

"Hey", Skye walked to me with that wide smile on her face."I hope you didn't have to wait long. And before I forget, my mom told me to give you this."

Skye took something from her bag and handed it to me. It was a book. Like a hardcover notebook or something.

"Um, thanks, I guess", she sat to the opposite side of the round table I was sitting on."Why did she give me this?"

Skye took her sunglasses off and put them on her head. It had been sunny day but the clouds had been came to ruin that ."I don't know. Maybe she wants to buy me friends. She doesn't trust that I can do it by myself."

I smiled."So, where do you want to go first?"

"How should I know? You're the guide here", she yawned and then raised her eyebrows questioning.

"So, it's shopping then", I decided and she smiled approving.

.............................................................

We spent hours wandering around in stores and malls. I showed her the best places where she could go to read for exam with a cup of steaming coffee, places where you went when you were feeling lonely and places to go to have fun. We were now just walking, with ice creams in our hands. And bunch of shopping bags in the other.

"So, what do you think about Rosewood?" I asked as we walked over to my car and got in it.

"Well, I really liked my old house and I miss my friends but this seems nice place", she answered smirking,"at least people here are nice."

"Are you trying to hit on me?"

"Idiot", she tossed a piece of paper at me. I dodged it laughing. She grinned."You seriously got one big-ass ego in that lil' blonde head of yours."

"No, you're just falling for my flawless, gorgeous hair and the hilarious sense of humor of mine but you can't just admit it because of that big-ass ego."

"Okay, whatevs", she smiled rolling her eyes.

There was a long moment of silence. I concentrated on driving. The only sound around was the car motor.

"Look, I had really fun with you today", she said a moment later, clearing her throat."Seriously. It's nice to know there's someone I know in this town. I would be so lost without you. We can hang out at school, right?"

"Why couldn't we?" I asked as I parked in front of her house.

"Well, you tell me, princess", she said and shrugged her shoulders. Then she got out of the car and closed the door.

Okay, what can I do now? I didn't want to go home just yet. Mom and dad were there and I was still mad at them. I leaned my back to the seat. I don't want to move again, I thought sighing. Everything is just getting normal again.

Okay, well if we don't count the creep who's been stalking us. Suddenly, I didn't feel comfortable where I was right at the moment. I felt like someone was staring at me. I straightened up and looked around. I didn't see anything, or anyone. Chillax, Alison. There's no one out there.

I started the car and headed back to the town.

.............................................................

I had just finished doing my physics homework as I heard someone call my name.

"Alison? Is that you?" I raised my face to see Emily walking towards me.

My heart skipped a beat as I saw her. I stumbled and dropped my books. I intended to crouch to pick up them but Emily was faster than me. She picked up the books and put them on the table in front of me.

"Thanks", I said blushing."What're you doing here?"

"Nothing much. Just walking here and there. I went to the library but it was closed"

"Yeah, they're building a new wing there."

She raised her eyebrows surprised at my answer. Probably she was surprised that I went to libraries.

"What? I read books!" I stated making her laugh. It was the most beautiful sound in the whole world and it made me smile too.

"What about you? Except for reading physics", she glanced at my physics book.

"Well, I was shopping with a friend but she had to go home. I should now probably do my math homework but I just remembered how much I suck at it", I rolled my eyes and sighed deeply.

"Really? Could I help you?" I furrowed my eyebrows at her."I'm actually pretty good at math, thanks to a dear friend of mine. So, do you need help?"

I just stared at her for a moment with my mouth open."I-I would love that."

She smiled and put her bag down and sat next to me. I took my math book and opened it where we had left. I showed her the assignments and she tried to explain how to do them. It was pretty hard to concentrate, though. She was so close to me our hands and shoulders almost touched. She's so beautiful. I could just stare at her whole day.

"Okay, Alison", Emily finally sighed when she had explained the whole thing the sixth time."You're not even trying."

I reluctantly snapped back to reality."I am trying. I just don't understand this stuff."

Emily sighed."Okay, maybe we should take a break. We're not getting any further with this", she closed the book.

Then she took my schoolbag from the ground and packed my stuff in it. Then she extended her hand demanding."Give me your car keys."

"What?"

"Your car keys. Now."

I took the keys from my pocket and handed them to her."Where’re you taking me?"

"It's a surprise", she said smirking mysteriously.

||Okay, I'm really sorry about the short chap. And taking such long time to update. I'm very busy with school stuff and the net hasn't been working well so it's pretty hard to update. And this won't save my changes sometimes and it's really annoying! I'll try to write the next chapter longer and try to update faster. I promise there will be some... hopefully good Emison scenes.

Sorry, guys!||