The Truth Time

Ali's POV

"What do you mean my daughter can't leave?" I heard my dad's voice shouting outside the room."She's fine. We can take care of her."

"That's not what I meant, Mr DiLaurentis. I know you can take care of her. I'm just not sure if she's stable enough to go home just yet. Have you talked to the psychiatrist?"

I shivered as she said it. Psychiatrist. That word sounded like a death threat in my ears.

"Yes, I talked to Mrs Sullivan and told her exactly the same things I'm telling you right now. Alison will get better as soon as she gets to be with her family and get out of this town", dad sounded inpatient.

"Getting her out of Rosewood is actually a good idea but are you sure that's what she wants? With all respect, Mr DiLaurentis, you should ask her opinion first. In the end, it's her life we're talking about here", I glanced at Em. She had woken up, too. No wonder in this noise. She didn't look at me. She just stared at the door like me.

"Of course it is. And she gets to tell her opinion but I'm pretty sure she's with me on this."

"We just want to help her", the woman said, this time softer.

"You know what would help her? Being home with her family. She's had rough time since her brother died. She needs her family right now", I didn't look at Em, but I could feel her eyes on me. I felt like her state was burning through my skull straight to my brain.

"We are aware of your son but that's just one more reason to add to the list."

I heard sigh deeply."Can I at least go see my daughter?"

"Of course. She might be little dizzy because of the medication, so take it easy."

I heard footsteps walking away. Then there was silent for a while. I looked at Em and she looked at me but I couldn't read her face. Then the door opened and dad stepped in.

"Oh, Alison. You're awake", he said and then saw Emily."I'm sorry. I didn't know you had a visitor."

"Dad, this is Emily. She's my friend", the word friend just felt wrong. Maybe because I didn't want to introduce her just as my friend."Em, this is my dad."

"It's nice to meet you, Mr DiLaurentis", Em said standing up and extending her hand to my dad. He shook her hand and she turned to look at me."I'll leave you two alone."

She took her bag from the floor and smiled at me before leaving me alone with my dad. He sat on the chair and leaned his elbows on his knees. He took my hand in his but they weren't like Em's. They were cold and hard and they reminded me about Daniel. I wanted to pull my hand away but I didn't.

"Honey, what were you thinking? Your mom and I were scared to death when they called us and told what had happened. Your mom-"

I interrupted him."My mom what?" I snapped."Where is she? Does she even care?"

"Of course she cares. She's really worried about you. She's doing everything she can to get here", he looked uneasy.

"Yeah, right", I snorted.

Dad gave me a scolding look. Then he let his gaze fall down at his hands. He was quiet for a one small second. Then he coughed and breathed out slowly.

"We're leaving Rosewood. As soon as you just get out of here", he said said with a little shaky voice.

"What if I don't want to leave?" I narrowed my eyes.

"Look, Alison. This place is no good for you. We-" I interrupted him before he got to say anymore bullshit.

"Don't."