}•{ Putting efforts

~•} C H A P T E R|38 {•~

Naina's void eyes snapped away from the open window as the sudden click of the lock opening rang inside the silent room

Her blank face turned toward the door which opened, so slowly as if the other person had the intention of robbery but she seemed to care less.

Alas, what difference would it make if it was her husband or robber, right?

Slowly, the hushed footsteps echoed as the person outside finally decided to step inside and came face to face with her.

She didn't bother hiding those red swollen eyes or those dried-up tear stains because again, what mighty difference would it even make?

The other person clearly was caught off guard as she stared at him directly like a ghost with an unwavering gaze especially when he was expecting her to be soundly asleep afterall any sane person would be asleep at 4 am, right?

But right now she looked no less than insane.

Her lips didn't part to let out a single word because again what difference would it make?

Aadarsh was surprised when she didn't put any effort to ask him about his whereabouts or the fact that he was out for a whole day and night!

The storm outside had made him unable to see the storm inside the dark room due to the lack of lights.

He stepped forward to see her properly and to see what was wrong with her!

Was she ill?

The only possibility shone in his brain as the cause of her chaotic behavior.

The moment his dark eyes saw her face which now gleamed in the light of the moon, his breath hitched seeing her state. He felt at a loss for words and she seemed to care less about her surrounding as she simply stared at his drenched state.

She cried.

He shut his eyes tightly in frustration as he knew.

He breathed sharply through his nose clenching his fists feeling cold as the water droplet from his hair trickled down his nose.

The sharp thorn tore through his skin as a drop of blood fell on the tiled floor.

He shifted uncomfortably at the sight of blood. Nauseous feeling dwelled in his guts.

It brought back a few memories which were argh.. a little unpleasant?

He pushed his wet hair back and mentally scolded himself for zoning out at a such time.

He stood there awkwardly scratching his neck not knowing how to start, clearing his throat he spoke in his rough voice,

"Happy Birthday."