chapter 201

Those words are supposedly used for advanced arts. Like summoning devils or any kind of spirits… I've read things about that before," Nathan remarked.

A chuckle escaped my lips, "No wonder Janus-- Lord Janus hated it. The intern truly is tacky for suggesting that, whoever might that be."

"Oh, that was me," Z then casually dropped a bomb.

There was a comedic pause before I finally uttered a single word.

"What?"

"I was once an intern but now I work here full time. It's a fun job," was his response.

I'm sorry… But I can't quite catch up.. I don't understand Z at all. I mean, what even goes inside his head?

I was so taken aback I don't even know what to say about that. I just… I'm just confused now. He's so eccentric...

"Anyway, try it," Z coaxed me afterward. "You can also just say, summon everything about the topic you have in mind instead."

Hmm… Alright.

Brushing off everything aside, I turned towards the directory book. I chewed my lower lip for a second, thinking about what topic I should gather information on first. There was a lot in my head and I couldn't even pick one.

I was then struck by a realization.

Oh, no.

"What? Is something wrong?" Nathan's voice entered my ears.

I shook my head, "It was nothing…"

I forgot to bring my list. I was literally holding it back in the manor's library.

'Ah, whatever…'

I chose the easiest one for now and the thing that I had been wondering about.

"Ahem… Summon everything regarding the history of magic."

Just as I said that, a cloud of golden dust materialized around me, and one by one, books appeared, floating about within the cloud. The same scene that played out with Nathan earlier. I was staring at it, mesmerized. It's like I am being introduced to another whole different world where everything is just magical.

It was pretty the first time and it was just as pretty right this moment. I feel like a child, really.

Sue me because I have never seen such pretty magic before except for that one time with the runes. It just made my curiosity about it soar higher.

But as seconds passed by, more and more books appeared, and the clouds grew larger and larger, it was almost like I was in the middle of a pond. But instead of water, there are just books and flashy lights.

"W-whaa…"

My brother even has to step back to avoid it and now I was just there, bewildered as hell. And it's not stopping either! More of them came and goodness, I was beginning to questionmy life choices.

"These are the books that are related to the one you wanted. I believe it's called 'filtering', as per my Lord's words," said Z.

"So many?" I blurted out of incredulity.

How am I able to read all of these? It would take me a year or more to finally read each and every last one of them. I looked at both my brother and Z for something that I have no idea about either. Am I asking for their help or am I just stumped?

"Hmm… It's because you didn't specifically narrow down what you're looking for," Z commented as he plucked one book from the pool.

"But I did. I said the history of magic," I replied with furrowed brows.

Z nodded, "Yes, but there are a lot of types of magic, you know. So it means there would be a lot of history as well."

Huh? There are different types of magic? It's not a whole concept?

Z must have seen or read my thoughts because he laughed.

"Ahh… You don't know?"

"Me too," Nathan also seconded.

"Now you both do," Z declared so nonchalantly it hurt my brain.

"There's dark arts, the divine arts, there's witchcraft… sorcery… alchemy… etcetera… It's vast," said Z. "Just specify what type of magic you wish to know. Or the name of the world."

"World?" I grumbled. The more he speaks, the more puzzled I get. Seriously.

Z stared at me, or that's what it seemed anyway.

"There are a lot of worlds. Like a whole lot of them. There's Earth… Gaea… and so on. If you want to know the history of this world, then just say the name."

I blinked at him, "This world's name?"

"That's right," he nodded.

"I don't know it…" I mumbled while shaking my head.

Has there always been a name? Was that ever written on any book or map? Why did I not know any of that?

"You have no idea about your own world?" Z asked as if he was amazed.

Man, same. I am amazed by my ignorance too.

To be fair, I'm not from this world so obviously, I would not know everything about it. I just know things about the empire and that's it. As for the rest, I'm clueless.

"It's Terra," said Nathan from the side.

"Ohh…" was the only thing that came out of my mouth.

The heck… Even my brother knows… This is embarrassing. This is why I need to study more.

Clearing my throat, I glanced at Z and he already understood what I meant.

"Go on, these will all get back to their shelves if you summon again. As long as they are still floating there," he assured me.Oh, that's a relief. I had thought it would just pile up more and then I will have to return them somehow.

I faced the directory again, "Summon everything regarding the history of magic in Terra."

The pool of books that were just there dissipated and gave way to a smaller one but still nonetheless, packed. At least, it was a decent amount now, probably less than twenty. I sighed when it happened because finally, it was a success.

"Oh, thank goodness," I muttered under my breath.

"You can go over to the side to read," Z then told me while pointing towards the reading area. "Don't worry, the books will follow you."

I smiled at him in gratitude.

"Thank you."

Z chuckled, "Sure thing."

He then teleported back to where he came from.

"This place is crazy…" I commented after both Nathan and I were alone now.

So crazy that I feel exhausted already with just that…

'Ahh, my energy just left me...'

No, it's because I am too ignorant of things! So I should be diligent in my research! I mean, how did I not even took note of this world's name?

Well, at least I know now. That and the fact that apparently, there exists more than one type of magic. I thought they are all just the same.