chapter 288

Look here," removing his glove, he spread out his right palm, and under my curious gaze, a white orb covered with dark mist the size of a marble condensed. Within that tiny ball of light, I could feel a tremendous energy.

Wow.

"This is concentrated mana. It may look tiny but this size has already a destructive power. It can kill a person directly." His smile at that moment has a hint of devilishness in it, "and can be a powerful bomb," he added.

A what? A bomb?

Lukas wasn't finished yet, apparently.

"Of course, if you have absolute control of it, you could make this even bigger."

And then the tiny marble-sized orb began to expand, growing bigger and bigger until it was the size of a human head, and it didn't even stop there, it grew further. I had even leaned back, all the while transfixed over it, overwhelmed by the sheer energy it was giving.

If the tiny ball was already giving me the chills, what more with this? I could feel the pressure setting in and I wasn't sure whether I'm more impressed or scared. Probably the mix between the two.

Electricity crackled around it, looking very menacing. I don't even want to think how powerful this must be. He did say the marble size is already a bomb. Now, I'm getting nervous…

If a tiny orb can kill a person, then how about something this massive? Even Kuro at the side was whimpering as if perturbed and had scooted to the further end of the sofa. I also didn't hear the maids' nervous blabber because I'm more glued towards the sight in front of me.

The wind picked up in the room, blowing the curtains and messing my hair a bit. I was also thinking whether Lukas would still continue and build a freaking nuclear bomb in here but then the orb disappeared in the next second as if swallowed by his palm.

W-what a terrible power! I am already aware of it but getting acquainted with it again is still surprising! I even believe that it was not all since Lukas has unlimited mana. I wonder if he continued, would the orb go as huge as this room???

Lukas smiled, "There you go. Try it."

I gaped at him.

"Try it?" I echoed.

"Mmm, it's easy," he replied and then rested his chin on his left arm.

I gulped the ball that was stuck in my throat, stared at him, then to his palm, and back to him again.

My head suddenly ached.

"How is that easy? You didn't even explain it and just showed it. How am I supposed to understand it," I complained to him.

Lukas frowned, "I already told you how."

"No, you did not," I insisted.

"I'm certain, I did. You must not be listening," he grumbled in return.

Not listening?

"You did not!" I huffed unhappily, "I told you to elaborate, which you didn't. How is saying 'you just control it naturally' is elaboration?" I babbled, "How do you condense that orb? What did you do to achieve it? Is there a spell? A mantra? Do you have to do or feel something to do that? That's what I want to know," I laid out, perfectlysummarizing what I wanted from him because clearly, he did not understand it.

"Explain it again," I conceded.

I want to do what he did too! That's why I really really want him to tell me the fundamentals.

"Now you're being demanding," Lukas snorted.

I held back my tongue that was about to lash back. Breathing in, I relaxed my body and behaved myself.

"Please explain it, your grace. How do I control my mana from not leaking out of my body because it's draining me out," I said through gritted teeth.

"I told you, it just comes out naturally. Little cat, is it that hard to understand?" He also persisted, even looking at me in disappointment.

I let out a deep sigh as I slowly shook my head.

"You're so terrible at this," I commented.

Lukas clicked his tongue, "It's you who can't grasp a simple thing."

"You— Aaaaah," I groaned in defeat. There is no use in arguing with this guy who is as dense as oil.

"Your mana is leaking like crazy," he then mentioned with pursed lips.

"It's because I'm frustrated I am not able to hold them in," I retorted tiredly. How do I say this, I feel so exasperated and vexed at the same time I find it hard to get a hold of my feelings and stuff.

"You are going to attract unnecessary things again," he added.

Ignoring his comments, I got lost in my own thoughts and started counting people I know that can use magic aside from Lukas.

"Maybe I should pester Ezekiel instead…" I mumbled.

Heck, if Ezekiel's not available, I would burst through the door of the arcane tower and beg Z if I have to.

Sighing, I then tried to suppress my mana, concentrating hard to the point that I could feel myself lightly sweating.

It's really hard! Damn it.

Imagine you want to pee and you're holding it in because there are no bathrooms in sight, that's how it is for me.

"You know, you don't have to suppress your mana. That would only lead to terrible consequences," Lukas emphasized, "I heard you created a big mana storm. That's what happens when you forcibly repress your mana. Your body won't withstand the pressure and all your bottled-up power explodes," was his explanation.

Oh, he heard of that? But the news inside the mansion is contained so how did he know… Is he spying on me?! Did he put surveillance in my room or something?

I looked at him suspiciously. It would be impossible that the servants would gossip outside because that was against father's orders and they would be really in trouble if they did. So how?

Lukas… This guy… He must be spying on me, I just know it!

Or it could be that the emperor told him?