chapter 293

Just like me, Lukas was also taken aback by what I said just now and scowled in my direction.

"That fvcking anima of yours…" He muttered through gritted teeth. He then laid completely on the sofa, fully ignoring my hints, " Well, I don't. I burned it down when I left," he added.

Burned it down…

"What's wrong with you?"

Lukas shrugged his shoulders, "It was an accident. Nox lost his damn mind."

"Then find another room." I won't just let him do as he likes now, would I?

"I told you I am now on guard duty for 24 hours," he repeated, giving me a somewhat annoyed expression.

Excuse me, I should be the one who's annoyed here. Not you, sir.

"... What do you mean? Aren't you technically already guarding me for 24 hours?" I mocked.

He was the first to say that. What? Did he forget it somehow?

"It's official now. That old man asked me to."

"Old man? You mean the emperor?" In the entire Rosenthal empire, he is the only person who has the guts to call the emperor names. I can't believe his mouth sometimes…

  "He's not even that old…" I commented.

"Right. So be quiet and go to sleep now, little cat." He suddenly changed his tune.

"No. Get out of my room."

He wants me to sleep but he stubbornly remains here. I sometimes want to know what is going inside that head of his.

You know what? I wonder if his brain got fried or toasted from his own body heat. That is why he can't understand things all the time. I am pretty sure that's the case, I am convinced of it.

"..."

Lukas did not budge and had made himself comfortable instead, despite my countless pleas. He stared at me as if he was challenging me to do something about it, with an unshakeable resolve that is as strong as Mount Tai.

The situation turned stagnant because none of us wanted to yield. He is seriously adamant to stay in my room!

I could already tell how exhausted I am because of the journey and my body is screaming for rest now. But even if I want to, Lukas is as immovable as a brick wall!

Heaving a deep deep breath to calm myself down, I looked at his figure on the sofa and smiled, the corners of my mouth twitching.

"If you want to guard me, sleep in the next room. This is inappropriate."

What would happen if someone came in and saw him? My reputation…

"But I don't want to," Lukas hummed.

"Are you a child?" I was growing more frustrated as you can see.

Lukas ignored my remark and closed his eyes.

"I'm tired so be quiet already and let me rest."

"I can't sleep if you're here."

He looked at me again with a confused expression.

"Why?"

Is he serious? He really doesn't get it?I just can't, okay? I'm not used to it."

How can I sleep with another person— note, a man— in my room? And have I already said that it is inappropriate?

"Then get used to it." He deadpanned.

"You damn…"

I let out a harsh sigh. Fvck it. This is going nowhere. He can go and sleep and choke as well, I don't care anymore. I can't persuade him anyway so whatever— Let him be. I am too tired to deal with this.