chapter 253

The pain didn't register quickly. Blood then trickled down from the side of her mouth, making her eyes red in grievances. She stopped her feeble attempts of resistance and gawked. She was shocked because she had never been hit so rudely before.

The leader grabbed Helen on the ground and roughly pulled her hair. She could only let out a weak groan, her hands grasping the man's arm. Ignoring her, the man tilted her head to the side and stared at the area behind the woman's right ear. There, he saw a hollow triangle, which is the symbol for fire and the goddess' Feronia's mark. Her descendants bear this same mark on their body which is an indication of their bloodline.

Confirming that she was their target, the leader pushed her to his people without a hint of kindness.

"Tie her up!"

Nadia woke up from her daze and saw the people tying her mother up so she began to resist again.

"No! Mommy! Mommy!" Nadia's tears soaked her cheeks and blurred her eyes.

Helen made one more attempt but she was knocked out before she could do anything. The last thing she saw was her daughter screaming and crying which made her heart sting.

"What about this child?" One of the men asked the leader.

"Kill her. She's not our target." The leader waved it off like it was nothing.

"But she's this woman's child, do you think she also has the blessings?"

The leader got silent for a moment before nailing his cruel eyes on the little girl. Without a word, he grasped the child's chin with his big hand and tilted her head. Nadia wanted to bite this hand too but the hold in her tightened to the point of pain.

It was so painful that another fresh bout of tears fell down her glassy eyes.

The leader then suddenly laughed out loud upon seeing the same symbol on the child.

"Good! Good! The lord will be happy to see her! Bring this child along!"

Nadia was filled with grievances. Her young innocent eyes then caught the scene around her and were shocked for the second time. There was blood everywhere and all the people who went with them were on the ground, unmoving, dead.

She saw one of the big guys who always give her snacks on her left, dead. And many more. She understood what death is because she witnessed the death of one of their horses. But it wasn't bloody, not like this at all.

Nove l B(in).C OM

The smell of death hung heavily in the air and agitated Nadia's senses. She could perceive that these people on the ground are not alive anymore. It was a strange feeling and it was messing with her head.

These people killed their guards and now they are going to kill them. They are going to take her mother away…

She was unwilling. Unwilling!

"Waaaaaaah!" Her loud cry echoed through the forest and disturbed the life inside.

It was piercing the air and hurt anyone's ears that would hear it.Shut her up!" The leader snarled as he covered his ears.

Before someone could, the surrounding air churned and swirled. The men who were holding her were blown a few meters away from their places. The air condensed around her and magic fluctuated, seemingly flowing out of her body.

The men were caught in surprise as her magic power grew stronger, preventing anyone from approaching her. The leader laughed in glee, his face had a look of greed. But soon, he felt that the situation was wrong. He cursed out loud and took a step back.