chapter 254

The moment I woke up, I couldn't see anything. No-- Rather, my vision was blurred. My first thought was a question of where I was and why I couldn't see anything clearly. Turns out, the blurry vision was caused by the accumulation of tears in my eyes.

Yeah, I was crying, but for what? Why the heck did I cry? And why does my heart feel heavy?

Hot tears almost scalded my temples as they fell and eventually soaked my hair. I was confused for a moment for a lot of reasons that I don't understand. First of all, why am I depressed?

I knew I dreamt of something but I can't remember what it was and I could only associate the hollow feeling in my chest to that dream.

My second thought was, what the hell is wrong with me.

After my vision cleared, wiping the tears off my eyes, I saw something incredible. Or weird. My room… --How do I say this…

Well, my room doesn't look like a bedroom at all.

What's with those vines creeping on the walls and ceiling?! Where am I?

Swinging my head around, I was truly scared for a second, thinking that I slept through years which explains all these overgrown plants that could only be found in rundown buildings. Heck, what if I did sleep for hundreds of years and I just now woke up and found that all my friends and families are dead?!

Did I?!

I did a 360. Don't ask me how, I just went on full owl-mode with my head which is a lie but that is not the point here.

I looked around believing that I would see cracks on the walls or broken old things because of time, and some skeletal remains of, I don't know… someone? How would I know what a ruin should look like? I've never been into one.

Oh, dear. Now you understand how bewildered I am right now. Honestly, how long was I asleep to have my room filled with dense plants???

Anyway, I didn't see broken furniture and whatnot, nor skeletons on that matter. I also didn't observe any cracks, or holes, or any damages around me. Everything is fine, except it doesn't look like it.

There's fire steadily cracking on the fireplace which brought warmth to the room. The windows and the balcony are open but vines could be seen creeping through them. Even though I was really confused, I was done freaking out and was now observing my surroundings.

Thinking about it, this scene is quite familiar like I have seen something like this before. Right! Didn't this scene appear during those times I was 'sick' and had thought I was just hallucinating? This is so deja vu.

But looking at it now, it's kind of… pretty? I mean, I just noticed some things that I couldn't see before because I was baffled to wake up and see my room looking like something out of an ancient ruin. Who could blame me? I just woke up!

As I confirm one more time that everything is as it should be, a bird flew over my head and landed on the bedpost. There are more of them on the railings and window sills, they are even on my bed. Some were squatting on the dresser which was facing me and one brave oriole had just landed on my blanket-covered foot.

This is not a strange sight for me anymore, nor is the presence of other little animals in the room. But I was truly amazed by the lights in the room-- or the source of it. It's not the chandelierbecause they don't blink, you know. Lights don't blink from them.

They're from fireflies. And they made the room look dreamy. Like a fairytale. The setting sun outside was the very icing on the cake that solidified this dreamlike scene.

My brain is simple and I get easily distracted. So instead of focusing on what was important, I just sat there and appreciated the scenery. It wasn't until the door to my room opened and a man in a white robe came in with some servants behind him. Oh, and they were all prepped up, holding a bunch of tools in their hands. Gardening tools if I may add.

He looked surprised seeing me sitting on the bed wide-awake but smiled goodnaturedly soon after.

"You're awake," was what he said.

Yep, I am.

Erin, who was with the group of maids, lightened up as soon as she saw me and immediately asked one more person to perhaps inform my father.

"Milady!" She rushed beside me and looked like she wanted to hug me but couldn't. So I offered her a smile.

"The lady must not know me so I will introduce myself. I am Harry, a wizard from the Arcane Tower. I'm also a priest or what they call, a holy doctor. Lord Janus sent me to look after you after falling into a coma," he said.

I stared at him for a couple of seconds while nodding to myself.

"Harry? Is your surname perhaps Potter?"

I was just playing around because a certain character immediately flashed to my head after hearing his name. I have read the whole book series and it was certainly one of my favorite novels back from Earth.

"Hmm? Pardon?" There was an inquisitive look on his face which made me stifle my grin.

Novel Top1.OR G

"Nothing. It wasn't important," I answered, feeling amused. "By the way, how long was I asleep?"

While we were talking, the other servants were busying themselves. Cutting off vines and cleaning up my room back to its usual appearance. It was a pity because even though it is unconventional and strange, it made my room look lovely.

So that's what the garden tools are for.

Looking at them so dedicated and skilled, gave me intuition that this was not the first time and I don't know what to feel about that.

"You've been sleeping for 10 days."

Ten days?! It's a miracle my muscles and limbs are working fine!

"Oh…"

The last time I was in a coma, how long was it? I completely forgot.

"How do you feel?" Harry was now at my bedside, conducting an examination.

Being asked that question, I measured myself, paying attention to the reaction of my bodyI didn't do this first hand because I was busy looking around and now that I'm able to, I instantly got aware of what's different with me.

I don't know how but I could feel every beat of every living thing in here, especially those who are closest to me. It sounds impossible but I really do! I'm not pulling your leg!

I stared at the priest with a stupid expression on my face and then at Erin, and the other servants. Every beat of their hearts was like a steady wave that I could magically detect for some reason. It was resonant and very very strange.

My eyes couldn't see it but I could 'sense' it.

'Huh?'

Harry was looking at me expectantly and with a bit of query, seeing that I was intensely staring at him but not saying anything at all. Gazing at him, I could not just perceive his heartbeat, but also his vitality.

Am I going crazy?!