chapter 222

Bea brought the teacup to her lips and lowered her eyes to the plate of cookies sitting in the middle of the table.

"That is up to the host," she muttered.

"The empress? Have you ever joined her for tea before?" One of my brows raised, genuinely curious.

Does Bea have a good relationship with my aunt? I have never heard the Empress talk about her once… maybe… I don't know, really. Maybe she did and I could have forgotten about it.

"I did. Thrice," she answered back.

Hmm, there isn't anything amiss.

"That's nice, isn't it?" I remarked..

Bea smiled cutely.

"Mmm, I think so too…"

Good to know that there isn't anything wrong going on with the two of them. Bea herself seemed pleased with it too.

My eyes then glinted in mischief as an idea popped into my head.

"Hmmm…" I hummed and squinted at her, "What about Ezekiel?"

Bea didn't falter and remained composed. She then stared right at me, meeting my imploring eyes.

"What about His Highness?"

"Have the two of you gone on a date already?" I fired back whilst grinning like a cat.

Bea's dark eyes narrowed slightly but she didn't answer right away.

"That's a yes, hmm," I chuckled. "Did the two of you hold hands too?"

Bea's eyes widened for a fraction.

"I… That is…"

Seeing the crack in her usual mask brought joy to me. I told you, I'm a lowkey sadist.

"Hohh… Is that a yes?" I gloated.

A frown then marred her pretty face.

"Nadia, you seem to be teasing me," she declares.

"No, I am not. I'm only curious," I feigned ignorance.

She put the cup back down, "You are always curious. Especially in others' relationships."

A chuckle escaped my lips.

"Heh. Am I?"

"You always have this wicked look on your face that we have grown accustomed to," she added as she picked up a cookie on the plate.

"What? What wicked look?" I feigned ignorance for the second time.

Of course, I am aware of that. My maids have already pointed it out to me long before.

I then stared at Bea who was slowly munching on a chocolate cookie accusingly.

"Hey, wait. You are changing the topic."

"..."

Bea continues to munch, completely ignoring me.

A mischievous smile then stretched my lips.

'Oh no, you don't! I will have my fun.'

"So tell me, where did my cousin take you?" I pressed on.

Bea looks at me disapprovingly.

"Are you here to ask me about private things?"

"Yes," I frankly answered back.You don't change…" Bea sighs, mournfully if I may add.

Fufufufufu~

"Taking my cousin's attitude into account, I'm sure he invited you for a stroll in the palace garden or something," I started deducing despite her sharp glares. "Or he could have invited you for dinner on the terrace to stargaze… Or maybe… brought you along to the capital while dressed as peasants."