chapter 261

This…" His eyes were wide in amazement. He was also at a loss for words, anyone could see that. But why?

"Emperor father? Is everything alright?" Ezekiel worriedly asked him.

Yeah, I'm getting worried here too. His reaction is knocking off my resolve.

The emperor ignored them and continued staring at me with gradually intense eyes. And under everyone's gazes, he suddenly did something horrifying which left all of us speechless.

He suddenly whipped a sharp blade and cut his own palm open!

He. cut. his. palm. open!

The crimson blood immediately welled from the deep gully and overflowed, dripping on the floor right in front of me. I jumped backward, frightened beyond belief, with chills running up my spine.

"Your Majesty!"

There was a chorus of voices from all sides as the others panicked because of his unexpected move.

What is he doing?

The distressed empress wanted to help stop the flow but the emperor gestured for her to remain in her seat, even Ezekiel was silenced. He looked at me with a strange glint and determination, seemingly thrilled about something.

But I have no time to guess what that something is.

What the hell just happened?

"Heal me."

He suddenly uttered in a prominent voice, offering his bleeding palm steadily. It's like he doesn't feel the pain but even just looking at it is already making me distressed. It looks painful! He didn't hold back at all. The wound was deep and... aaaaaaaaaaa...

"I… w-what?" I was stuttering like a fool, flustered as hell.

Who wouldn't?

"Emperor father, what is it this--" Ezekiel didn't get to finish his words because he got interrupted by the emperor again.

"I want you to heal me," he firmly repeated.

If I wasn't over here losing my mind, I would have thought that the emperor had gone bonkers. The blood was endless, dripping on the marbled floor like a broken faucet. I was still struggling with my thoughts but because I was so frightened that the emperor would lose a lot of blood, I immediately stretched my hand to do as he said, even though I didn't understand anything.

Heal him? Sure! How the hell am I supposed to do that?!

Because I was too flustered, the grip I had on my magic power was loosened and it spread out in waves. I didn't see them respond to it for I wasn't thinking straight at this point and was just wishing in my head that this would be over, stop the emperor's bleeding, and go home.

So I didn't know what happened. I only saw my palm glowing bright and that the wound on the emperor's palm was rapidly closing until it returned into its original unblemished state.

I let out my breath and gazed at the overjoyed emperor with pleading eyes.

"Please don't do that again."

I was still terrified so I didn't notice everyone else's reaction to what just happened. But when I calmed down, I noticed that they were all looking at me.

"W-what? Why are you looking at me like that"

Are they accusing me of hurting the emperor?! But I didn't do anything! I'm telling you, the emperor is crazy!

"I knew it," the emperor commented as he scrutinized his hand, smiling widely.

It was the first time I saw this expression on him which made him look more like Ezekiel and someone else I know. The thought distracted me for a moment.

"You have the power to heal. No… that's not all. There's something more and it's not just healing but I don't know what that is."

His rambling brought me back from my scattered thoughts and when the words sank into my chaotic brain, I was left speechless.

Healing? But also not healing? Huh?

The empress grasped the hand that was bleeding earlier and sighed in wonder.

"It's true. It is really healed… There is not even a mark left."

She then pursed her lips and looked at him disapprovingly.

"But Nadia is right, don't do that again. You even scared her! Us!"

Not just that, I even feel that I am traumatized but I maybe am overreacting a bit here.

"I'm sorry about that, I was just excited." The emperor explained.

NovelBin

Excited? There are other ways to express your excitement and mutilating yourself is certainly not one of them.

I get it, he is trying to prove something. But he could have probably warned me first? What if I failed to heal him? Would he bleed to death? Or get it stitched and have a permanently scarred palm. Plus it was his dominant hand too, how would he sign documents and do his daily tasks in the meantime while he's recovering?

The emperor is truly scary!

"You must be exhausted. Why don't you rest in the palace first before leaving?" The emperor suggested.

Damn right, I'm exhausted! I feel like all the strength in my body has been drained off. Now that I am aware of it, I could even feel my knees shaking underneath my skirt. If not for my tenacious will, I would have already fallen disgracefully on the floor.

But…

My eyes automatically strayed on the blood streaks on the marbles and cringed.

"Why don't you join me for tea? I haven't seen you for a long while, let's catch up shall we?" The empress seconded.

Tea? Alright. I need a drink anyway…

"Okay," I mumbled, already dropping my facade.

I was too tired to think about formality now but even so, etiquette should still be upheld.

The empress saw the weariness in my face and smiled apologetically.

"The garden in autumn is beautiful and I also have your favorite tea leaves. Maybe we could invite the queen too."

I nodded aimlessly, completely ignoring the latter part of her sentence. I was that worn out.

"Then let me escort the two of you there," Nathaniel smoothly stepped in.

The empress charmingly grabbed my shoulderand hooked it with hers so naturally. We were already leaving the hall and Nathan was behind us so I didn't see the meaningful stares the emperor and the others had given him.

Nathan nodded in understanding and closed the door, trailing after us diligently.