chapter 280

This is a mistake…" Rosa lamented.

"Hey!" I quickly cut her off, "Don't ruin the moment! You already piqued my interest and now you're backing out? What's with that? Spill it," I egged her on.

She lifted her head to glare at me, "First of all… This is not about Noah–" said Rosa, who's trying to save herself. A futile attempt, really.

As she was saying that, I fixed my gaze on her, piercing enough to make her blush like a shy maiden, which she is. It is so apparent that she's guilty, she can't even mention Noah without her turning like a tomato.

Sometimes, girls are so cute when they are being bashful. Sometimes. Other times, they are just annoying.

"You don't have to hide it because I already know."

Rosa paused, but it was for only a second and had quickly gathered her composure as she casually picked her cold tea.

"Know about what?" She then feigned ignorance yet again.

Boredly, I look at her through my lashes, "As I've said, there is no use hiding it from me. I know that something is going on between you and Noah. Though only recently, I could already tell."

And by recently, I meant during the night of the Founding Ball. I wonder, if I didn't go out to get some air and saw them together, would I have noticed the ambiguity between them? Hmmm…

"..." Rosa didn't respond and just stared at me, albeit aggrieved if I may add. Though I'm confused, why would she feel that way?

I offered her a friendly smile, eyes twinkling like gems.

"I can help you. I am very much willing to help you."

Rosa bit her lip and averted her eyes back to the teacup in her hand, deep in thoughts.

"But first of all, do you understand what that means?" I inquired, more serious this time.

I just want to know if she knows the implications of liking someone in her situation. And if it's really about Noah, what kind of help does she want from me? I can't think of anything at all.

Rosa who had been silent all this while sighed deeply. A lot of complicated emotions passed from her face and even her eyes have a hint of melancholy in them.

"I…" She seemed to want to say something but then got indecisive in the end.

N0 v el Next. CoM

Watching her be hesitant and timid just doesn't sit right with me. This is Rosamunde we are talking about, the proud daughter of the Vineas.

"Do you like Noah?" I prodded her, giving her a hand so she could make up her mind.

For Rosa, prideful and haughty as she is, one needs to be straightforward! If she can't say it then I'll make her. I will put the words into her mouth myself. Because if this goes on, nothing will be done. Heck, we could be stuck here in this stagnant topic until dusk! I don't want to spend my time riding in circles with her.

"!!!" Rosa blushes even more but compared to earlier, she didn't deny it anymore.

A sneaky smile crept to my lips.

"I'll take that as a yes."

Rosa looked at me pointedly, which came off more coquettish than intended. She then sighed for the nth time and grumbled.

"But I'm a Regina…"

"Exactly. You are in this whole political situation right now. You are not just a lady from the ducal household, you're a prospective crown princess." Rosa's face sank even more after hearing what I said. But I don't want to sugarcoat it, it won't do her any good. What she needs is a slap from reality. "If you tell them this, I bet your family would oppose it, especially your father. That old man is too uptight."