chapter 202

I carefully grabbed the floating books so I could place them on the table in front of me and was feeling rather wistful because that would mean the magical dust would soon disappear afterward. It's so pretty that my eyes just want to stare at it for hours long, admiring it to an unhealthy degree. But then again, I was reminded that I'm here for a different purpose, and surely not to get distracted by pretty lights and sparkly magic.

"Here, let me help you," Nathan offered.

He then started picking the books floating about and would then stack them all together on the table. I was doing the same but he mostly did all the work so it finished faster than when I'm alone.

As soon as we placed everything on the table, the magic dust did disappear, much to my disappointment. I was so sure I'm about to cry from the feeling of loss… just kidding.

"I will leave you here to read and explore the place so that I won't disturb you. Call me if you need anything," said Nathan.

.
My mouth twisted upward from his thoughtfulness.

"How would I call out to you, though? Yell your name to get your attention? Is it even okay to make loud noises here?" I remarked.

After all, this is a library. Or that's what it looks like. Plus the fact that this is not just an ordinary place, to begin with. One should mind their behavior more importantly and uphold the tower's rules.

But what are the rules? Except for Z's reminder to not touch any magic artifacts you see, what are the rest? My brother is not telling me anything so I'm assuming that there are not. Or he could have forgotten. I mean, he did say his last visit was five years ago...

Well, I could just follow the normal rules of any library and avoid unnecessary trouble due to ignorance. Yep.

Nathan's brows furrowed, "I don't know, probably? There's only three of us here…"

I pursed my lips at his answer.

So it's true that he doesn't know some rules…

"Nevermind that, I will be busy anyway," I then shrugged my shoulders, brushing the issue away. "In the first place, it's not like I'm going to do anything rigorous that needs your help. I'm only going to read stuff and nothing else."

"If you say so," Nathan responds, "Then I'll leave you be."

After saying that, Nathan left me in the reading area to explore the place as he said.

Alone now, I settled on one of the softest couches I have ever sat on-- Holy cow!-- which was just a few feet away from the humongous directory.

"Damn, this couch is amazing…" I breathed in utter amazement.

It was literally melting underneath me. Just like I am sitting atop the clouds. Or probably a marshmallow so soft that it is not even a marshmallow anymore… It's a different kind of marshmallow now...

Yeah, you get it, right? I know you got me!

This couch almost made me forget that I'm here to read books and not bask in the awesomeness of an upholstery.

So anyway, after I'm done gushing over the seat that probably came from and made by the Gods themselves, I looked at the pile of books in front of me. Humming, my hands busied themselves by sifting through the book titles and choosing where I should start first. They are all about the history of magic but the thing is, there is more than one author in the pile.

All of the names are unfamiliar to me so I still couldn't decide which to pick. Because of that, my simple-minded self based it instead on the book appearance. Which one looks legit even though being in here is already enough proof that it is authentic as it gets.