12

Whatever it was that Khushi had been feeling in the morning, was now long gone, all thanks to work. In fact, when the hours passed by, Khushi had no clue, staying busy for the whole day. The week went by the same, making a few trips to a studio for their upcoming brand campaign, along with other stuff. It was such a relief when the weekend rolled around, however it finally reminded her of Arnav's absence. Sure, Arnav had messaged her when he had landed, just as he had said he would do, and there were a few messages in between, but it didn't make up for the lack of his being. So to keep herself distracted, Khushi called Lavanya up and asked her if she still wanted to go to a gentleman's bar, and Lavanya was more than happy to take up that offer.

On Saturday night, both girls got dressed up elegantly and made their way to a fancy bar in the city. The mood was rather dim, with very pretty ladies and very posh men everywhere, though nothing to Lavanya's liking.

"Well this sucks," Lavanya frowned as she toyed with her martini.

"Not what you were expecting, huh," Khushi said, tilting her head.

"These men are a little too old and they remind me of my dad," she grimaced.

Khushi couldn't help but to laugh.

"I guess I'm just gonna have to look in the clubs like you did."

"Hey, I wasn't looking for anyone. You were the one who pointed out that Arnav was checking me out," she pointed.

"You're welcome," she winked. "How is Lord Sexpert, by the way? I'm sure your vagina is crying, wanting him back already."

"He's fine, busy with work, and no my vagina is not crying," she frowned.

"Oh right, cause he's the one who usually has it weeping."

"Oh my-! La," Khushi exclaimed, though she was grinning.

"Instead it's the Sahara Desert up in this bitch for now, waiting for its oasis to return," she sighed.

"Shut the fuck up," Khushi laughed, Lavanya also laughing.

"Okay, but all jokes aside," Lavanya said when she recovered, "how are you feeling? Do you miss him?"

She hadn't felt it in days, but there was that pang in her chest again. "I don't know."

Lavanya arched her brow at her, making Khushi roll her eyes.

"Okay, fine, kinda," Khushi said. "It's like you said, I got the fucking Sahara going on."

"And that's the only reason why?"

"Would it be so wrong?"

"Not at all; you both know where you stand... right?"

"I mean... I guess," Khushi shrugged. "It's not like we've exactly talked about it. We fuck when we fuck, but when we talk, well, it's never about us."

"Do you want to though?"

"Honestly? No, I don't. I still stand with the fact that I'm not looking for a relationship. And by the looks of things, I don't think Arnav does either."

"How do you know?"

"La, he's such a gentleman when he's not fucking me like the devil," she scoffed lightly, making Lavanya grin as well. "I would think that if he wanted us to be something more, he would've said something by now."

"Unless he's noticed that you don't want something more."

"If so, then he knows where I stand and he doesn't seem to be bothered by it."

"True that, true that.... Well, as long as you're happy, bestie."

"I am, bestie. Now then, I think it's time we make you happy, so I say we blow this taco stand and hit a club, and find you a guy to screw."