16

Working from home was always a joy for Khushi. It definitely saved her some money, avoiding paying the fare for the train. Not to mention she could always relax a little and work from her bed or her couch, should she choose to do so. Yes, working from home truly was amazing!

Two people working from home, however, was slightly different. Especially when both worked for different places. But the dynamic was still interesting. When her and Aarush both worked from home, one would take the desk while the other worked at the dining table. It would get a little tricky at times, as there were a few instances when both had meetings at the same time and would hope that the other's conversations wouldn't get picked up in their calls.

But when it came to Khushi working at Arnav's place, this wasn't the case.

When Khushi finally came out of the throes of passion and stopped raining over Arnav, she was able to focus on work and worked peacefully in Arnav's home office. Not once did Arnav come in and bother her - though he had taken a nap due to his jetlag - nor was there any noise to intrude when she had a few calls. Everything was splendid, and during her lunch, she joined Arnav down in the kitchen to eat, then headed back up to work.

I could get used to this.

And as a matter of fact, she did. Given that Khushi was able to work from his place without issue, Khushi felt a little more relaxed with the idea of late, sleepless nights at Arnav's on weekdays. Some nights were fine, and she had the energy to go into work the next day. Now that Arnav had bought a few clothes for her to wear, not to mention she had left some behind, it was easy to do so. As for the days where she felt like a zombie and couldn't walk, she'd work from his place, taking over the dining area. Arnav would offer for her to use his study, but Khushi didn't feel that it was right, especially since the man had his own work to do and this was his home; he should be able to work in full comfort. So she would get herself settled in the dining room, which was settled in the corner with the kitchen and living room in close range, and it gave a spectacular view of the city below. There were a few calls that Khushi had had with her team, Eda, Nur, and Maya making a few teasing comments, but Khushi would wave it away, focusing on work instead.

Yup, things were going dandy!

"Hi Khushi!"

Khushi looked over her laptop and into the kitchen to see Kayla. "Hey Kayla, how's it going? I didn't know you were coming in today."

"I just wanted to get some quick grocery shopping done," she said, holding up the bags in her hands. "Sir has a dinner planned with some business associates on Saturday, so I just wanted to be prepared for it."

Khushi nodded with acknowledgement. Arnav had mentioned the dinner with some international guests to Khushi, which meant that coming over on Saturday wouldn't be a possibility - although Arnav thought otherwise - so that was why Khushi had spent the night and was working from his place today, so that they could spend the night once more and Khushi would be off tomorrow morning so that Arnav had the rest of Saturday for his work event.

Kayla finished putting away the groceries. "Well, that's that. I'm off now!"

"Bye Kayla," Khushi waved, Kayla waving in return as she left.

Khushi let out a sigh and glance at the clock, nothing that it was one o'clock.

"Let me see if Arnav's feeling hungry," she said aloud to herself. "I know I am."

Getting up from her seat, Khushi cut into the living room, then headed out to the hall and up the stairs. She made her way towards the study, but as she got closer, Khushi overheard Arnav speaking on the phone.

"...see the point in looking at baby pictures now," she heard him say.

Baby pictures, she thought to herself. Why- wait, of his son?