21. In another life Scott.

————

Scott ran as fast as his legs could take him, trough the passage ways and back to the man hole, climbing down the ladder as quick as he could until he was in reach of ear-shot

"YOU TWO! QUICKLY! LAURENS IN DANGER BRING YOUR COMMUNICATORS!"

The guards quickly follow up and after Scott, They camp out in the bushes and look for a safer way in.

————

Meanwhile, in the over world. Everyone was freaking out, pearl was missing. The last anyone had seen of her was when she was at the end portal. It had been nearly two days since they left, and almost a day since Jimmy and Scott last talked.

An emergency meeting was hosted by Gem.

"You don't think she's gone in after them do you?" She asked, her witch hat on the side of her throne and she was pacing back and forth.

Shubble and Katherine looked rough, Jimmy had his cod father head off, he looked as if he was about to pass out from exhaustion.

He was staring blankly at his brightly-light communicator.

"Hey jim" Lizzie pressed her hand on jimmy's arm lightly, getting slightly concerned about him at this point. I mean come on, he didn't even have his cod father head on anymore.

He hummed in response but didn't even peel his eyes away from the screen for a second. Lizzie peered over his shoulder to the messages.

2:33am

Me: Scott it's been almost a day, are you okay?

Me: Scott i'm worried, I love you<33

Me: Scott have you seen pearl? nobody can find her!!

Me: Your okay right???

Me: Surely your back from your mission right?

Me: Scot??

Lizzie pressed her lips together, feeling a deep remorse for Jimmy, for her brother. She'd taken back on her words and had realised that if Joel was in the position of Scott then she'd be just as distraught as Jimmy was.

"I think it's time we all get some sleep, we can try again around lunch time tomorrow, we can't really do anything about it in the meantime." Lizzie gently spoke to everyone, then shook her brother. "Come on Jim, you can stay with me tonight."

"Okay." He whispered back quietly and everyone dispersed back to their own empires.

————

"God damn it!" Pearl shouted fighting off another load of ender-guards. Until something caught her shoulder and pulled her down into some kind of entrance in the floor; ceiling it after them.

"Get the fuck off me!" Pearl screamed and tried to break free of the grasp, yet she was dangling in the air above a large drop.

Once she looked up, a medium sized, brown skin and hazel eyed elf with reindeer antlers peered down at her. She was wearing rivendale uniform.

She let pearl grasp onto the ladder before letting her go, then the two of them climbed down silently. Once at the bottom, the woman spoke.

"I don't believe either ruler are going too be to pleased with your presence here, if you get killed there's gonna be a lot of press from the board." She paused and looked at pearl before a smile appeared across her face. "My names Dakota, nice to meet you your highness." and with that she curtsied at pearl.

"Oh hun, you don't need to bother with the formal things, you saved my ass out there!" the two shared a laugh.

Dakota swings open the big doors to the cafeteria, she is met by Sitai.

The guard has gained a lot more confidence, and stood with a cold tone.

"Officer Dakota, why is her highness pearl in this realm? do you not know there's a war going on?"

Pearl rolled her eyes

"I came her on my own account, don't bite her on the ass for my faults." she pauses. "where is Scott and Lauren?"

Sitai frowns, and his composure softens.

"I'm afraid i'm not too sure, we tried contacting them an hour ago but to no avail. When we checked the guards at the end of the tunnel they were gone but i'm pretty sure their communicators are dead"

Pearls hums in response, "right i'm going to look for them. Dakota, will you be ever so kind as to accompany me?"

Dakotas eyes light up and she nods enthusiastically.

The two make their way to the tunnel.

————

"Scott's here, I swear i saw him in the vents with Lauren." Atlas hissed, not knowing the man he was talking about was hidden underneath the cloth, covered table.

One hefty breeze and he may as well be spotted, he'd been under there for at-least 2 hours now. With both of the guards communicators, he hadn't known where either of them went after they went further exploring than the throne room.

Scott let out a silent sigh when the end guards left and Atlas sunk back into his throne again, closing his eyes.

All seemed perfect for him to leave, until a buzzing came from the communicators.

Cod father is calling . . .

SHIT! he thought and quickly turned it off as quick as he could, why on EARTH is jimmy contacting the guards?

However, the buzzing was enough to wake up a familiar figure.

"Who goes th-"

"LORD ATLAS!" Guards busted into the room, Atlas immediately distracted.

"We found lady pearl and a Rivendale guard sneaking around our grounds, what should we do?"

Atlas paused and then spoke quietly.

"Bring in the queen."

The queen as in lauren? what were they going to do with her?

Soon the guards pull Lauren in, and Scott pulls his bow and arrow from his back, and crawls to hide behind the throne.

Lauren is thrown into the room, looking horrible and beaten.

Thats when Atlas raises his sword, turns back to scott who now has his bow and arrow raised.

"Say goodbye to your dearest friend, Scotty~"

"Don't you fucking dare."

But it was too late. Atlas swung his sword and Scott couldnt even look, he was mortified.

Lauren groaned in pain, and in her last moments she mumbles "In another life, Scott."