𝟬𝟮. otherworldly

CHAPTER TWO
and this is where it's gotta stop

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

    𝐓he day already felt like a brilliant day to blow shit up and get on with it. It had been a few weeks since she burned down a few things in Dr. Kinbott's office. Unfortunately, because of that, Agnes was now under strict watch. The teachers under her nose were all trying their best to keep their eyes on her around and off Nevermore Academy like a bunch of hawks.

     Maybe she should've done more than burn things in her office. Perhaps she should've let the doctor inside. But then again, that would be murder and she still hasn't gone that far. Well.

    The quad━which ironically looked more like a pentagon━was already filled with the peculiarity of their bunch on a normal afternoon lunch break. On the hall underneath the shade of the sun were a few groups of students, with faces or not, babbling to themselves. There were a few teachers who were doing the same thing, unknowingly watching over them or for any suspicious behaviors.

    In the middle of the quad sat a fountain where Agnes found herself lounging around. Surrounding that fountain were a few picnic tables where a few groups found themselves sitting. There were the vampires who all had been there longer than most, sipping on their artificial mix of blood and juice, sunglasses on and all like they were having a fun summertime in Bali. Except they really hate sunlight.

     Another table was filled with a bunch of her fellow werewolves, never her friends, but a part of her was like them. They were a bunch of rowdy kids, truth to be told, so Agnes didn't really care enough to associate herself with them. Hence, when the group began playfully howling all of a sudden, most of them merely ignored the bunch and went on with their lives as if it was a normal day in Vermont.

    The sirens, who Agnes had a rocky relationship with, sat by the other side of the fountain. Bianca Barclay, especially, whose ex-boyfriend was Xavier Thorpe. They didn't hate each other. Hate is such a strong word. They simply don't get along most of the time. After all, fire and water don't really mix very well.

    They all looked so poised with their perfect little smiles and those intoxicating eyes that people often find themselves getting pulled into. They look through people with a certain sense of confidence that makes every person, even the better men, stumble over their feet. Even Agnes couldn't lie that they have a way with their words without using their siren powers.

     Agnes sat up from the stone ledge, shrugging her horrid purple-and-black striped blazer off her shoulders, which left her in her white long-sleeved polo shirt and purple vest. Out of all the outcasts in the school, she was what you call an abomination. Something that should've never existed in the first place. A fluke in the system. The freak in the freaks. She never really belonged anywhere. Her being a werewolf and psychic was just the tipping point.

    She squinted her eyes from the sunlight, making the faint scars on the sides of her face down to her neck more visible. The birthmark on her face looked pale in contrast to her dark skin. Those were the result of refusing to transform. Her nails would get sharper and she would fight the urge to turn into a wolf just because she only wanted to classify as one type of outcast. Kind of funny if you think about it.

     Her eyes fell across the yard, finding themselves settling on two certain people that stuck out in the quad. Enid Sinclair. She knew her, of course. The girl was likable, and probably the nicest one out there. Her blonde hair with pink and purple tips made her look so bubbly and young. It made people think she was harmless but Agnes begged to differ. Every pretty face always has something dangerous to hide.