𝟮𝟰. wildest dreams

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
ain't that the worst thing you ever heard

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

     𝐓he ceiling seemed to be the most interesting thing in Agnes's room right now. With her body half lying on her unmade bed and legs swinging on the floor, she glared at the concrete walls like they did something wrong to her. The Nevermore student was waiting for the clock to point to nine in the evening, already dressed warmly from head to toe. 

     Her usual look consisted of a new black high-top Converse, black trousers, and a black turtleneck underneath a black coat. She was starting to become Wednesday Addams. Agnes shuddered at the thought. The girl's style had finally rubbed off on her. I suppose that's the outcome of being around the stoic girl almost all the time. 

     As soon as the big arrow pointed at nine, Agnes was out of her dorm in a minute, however, she did not expect Wednesday Addams standing right outside her door. She almost crashed into her but she managed to press herself against the closed door, shooting the stoic girl a glare that Wednesday merely ignored.

     "What do you want now?" Agnes sighed exasperatedly. "In case you didn't notice, I've got some place to be."

     "You mean a date with Tyler Galpin," Wednesday deadpanned. "I want you to do something."

     "Now's not exactly a good time, Wednesday."

     "There is something I want you to look for in the town library."

     "Then look for it yourself," Agnes muttered, pushing past her, in a hurry to leave the eerie halls of the dorms. She faced her again as she began walking backward, putting on a forced smile. "Come on, Addams. I'm sure you can find your way there easily."

     Wednesday merely stared at the arsonist as she disappeared down the hall. She pursed her lips, her expression not changing the slightest. "Fine."

     Agnes had found herself in the woods in the middle of the night. The leaves crunched under her shoe soles as she walked over the crypt in complete darkness. Her vision was heightened. Thanks to her werewolf side. So she didn't need to bring a flashlight or light a fire that could possibly cause a whole wildfire around her.

     There was Tyler, standing idly in front of the crypt with a lamp in his hand. He already had a big grin on his face before she even neared him. Agnes gave him a look, judging his choice of venue. But for some reason, she rather liked the fact that nobody was around them.

     "Not a fan of crypts and tombs, but I could make an exception," Agnes commented, studying their surroundings and giving the large statue of a weeping angel a weird look before looking at Tyler. "Hi."

     "Hi." Tyler smiled softly. "I assure you, it will be nothing like a crypt or a tomb... even if this is a crypt. One thing though... you have to close your eyes."

      He held up what looked like a red rose, a sheepish smile on his lips. Agnes noticed the bandaid on his finger, which made her concerned when she realized he probably got pricked by the thorns on the rose he had. Only this one had been plucked clean so it wouldn't hurt her the same.

     She wrinkled her nose. "Are you serious?" 

     "Unfortunately." He gave her a tight-lipped smile.

     "Thanks." Agnes took the rose from him. "Lead the way, then, coffee boy."

     "You've got to stop calling me that."

     "Never."

     "Watch your step." Tyler slipped a hand behind her back to guide her and chuckled under his breath as they walked up to the crypt. He stopped so he could open the doors. "Wait here. And please close your eyes."