𝟮𝟭. by your hand

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
landed in a very common crisis

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

    𝐓he three girls came rolling out of the dumbwaiter as it fell to a decent drop. The dust-covered ground did a number on their clothes but it didn't seem to bother them more than the fact that there was a monster hunting them. Agnes groaned out loud, pulling herself up to the ground and spitting out her hair that somehow ended up inside her mouth. Wednesday had already gotten up and she was looking around the new part of the house they hadn't found before.

     She turned the lights on and Agnes had to take a breather when she realized the things scattered all around the room. Human remains. Specifically certain body parts in large glass jars filled with water as if meant to preserve them. There wasn't a smell but the sight enough brought a sick feeling in her gut. She was never good with gruel and gore.

    The ceiling shook above them as the monster pranced around the room upstairs searching for them. Dirt and dust started raining on them, the chains hanging around the room rattling from the heavy movements. The monster let out another low growl that sounded nearer than the last time.

    They didn't need words to know that they had to get out of there. Enid grabbed onto Wednesday's shirt and the girl rushed after her towards the nearest windows. Agnes kept watch, shining her light on the stairs where she could see the shadow of the creature looming outside. Behind her, Wednesday helped Enid get up the wall so she could reach the window above them which was their only escape.

    The old rickety door was suddenly smashed open, splints of wood spraying onto the ground. Enid let out a scream but she had already rolled out of the window and away from danger. Now there was only Agnes and Wednesday. The latter quickly grabbed her flashlight and rushed towards the shelves, shining the light on the glass jars filled with human body parts. The gears in her mind worked so hard as she tried to soak in all of the evidence surrounding them.

    Agnes anxiously tapped her foot on the ground, standing by the window as she waited for her. Her eyes flickered back towards the basement stairs where she saw the monster's long limbs and sharp claws. She shook her head. "Wednesday! We gotta go. Now!"

    "What are you doing?" Enid exclaimed as she peered outside the window, looking at them like they were crazy.

   "These are the body parts from the monster's victims," Wednesday stated like she was figuring out the greatest mystery of all.

    Agnes realized. Her eyes widened. "Holy shit."

    "Come on," Enid hissed, hurriedly gesturing for them to leave. Because the monster was now in the room, stumbling dumbly towards them as it knocked down a couple of shelves on his way.

    This time, Wednesday obliged. She jumped to the window, fitting her body through as she rolled out. Then Agnes followed, dropping her flashlight in a hurry as she practically threw herself out of the window just before the monster reached her.

    "You okay?" Wednesday asked Enid.

    "Since when do you care?" The girl seemed pretty distraught as she walked away. Then she looked back, only to see Agnes running straight back to the manor. "Agnes, what the hell are you thinking?"

    "We have to go back for Tyler!" Agnes yelled.

     Enid looked at Wednesday who barely reacted and she let out a frustrated sigh. With great hesitancy, she ran after Agnes and Wednesday simply followed.

     "The monster's back there!" Enid told us.

     Agnes shook her head. "I'm not leaving him, Enid!"