𝟭𝟴. total destruction

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
refine me to slurred lines and blank stares

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

    𝐅irst, Agnes finds out that three-fourths of the Addams family had been sent to jail━Gomez longer than his wife, Morticia, and daughter. However, he eventually got bailed out by Wednesday as he was not guilty of his convicted crime. Then she finds out that everything else seems to be connected to one big thing, and that was the murderous monster stalking the woods of Jericho and killing people who all seemed to have a past surrounding a certain rich family.

    She would like to think it was indeed random killings, but the fact that most of the time it showed up was only around Wednesday (and possibly her but she wouldn't go that far) was enough to make her realize that the girl was right. Every little mishap that happened ever since Wednesday Addams got there had to mean something.

    Secondly, they finally got the confirmation they'd wanted when Rowan died. He did die. Which honestly made her feel a lot worse when she found out because that would mean the sweet guy who used to give her chocolate bars when they sat together in class was actually gone. Never coming back.

    Rowan had been Xavier's roommate too, so Agnes was finding it hard to tell him the truth. She'd get there. Maybe not now. But she would tell him because it would be too cruel to make him continue thinking that his former friend just left and didn't want to talk to him anymore. That would just hurt on his behalf.

    Wednesday and Agnes had been right all along. It wasn't Rowan that day who packed his bags and left them in a car. Strangely enough, it was Principal Weems. The woman who seemed so perfect has actually got flaws in her image she tries so hard to maintain to its perfect quality. Wacked up job on her part for covering up a death of a student (even though he tried to kill Wednesday twice) just for a dreadful school.

    It only made it worse when Weems told them that Rowan's father knew about his death and fully supported her idea. I guess there was one thing some of them shared at Nevermore Academy. They all have shitty parents who don't care about their well-being and only their reputations.

    Frankly, at this point, Agnes would just walk out of the room without any other word just to spite their lovely Principal, and she did. She really did. And there she also realized that was her biggest mistake. Because it didn't even take that long before she reached the ground floor and into the courtyard because Agnes walks really fast when she wants to.

    Perhaps that was her first normal mistake. Because the moment she stepped outside and heard incoherent shocked noises of students in the courtyard━Agnes came face to face with a blazing lawn, literal fire spreading on the grass, which lit up everybody's night as they came outside the school.

    The first word that came out of her mouth was just, Shit.

    Her eyes immediately fell towards Weems's office balcony and found the lady already staring at her with furious eyes and quivering red-coated lips that were just begging the good lords to scream at her. Wednesday appeared next to her but the girl didn't seem to think it was her unlike everybody else.

    Agnes looked back at the cracking fire under the stars and moonlight, and if this wasn't such an oh-no moment━she would've thought it looked very lovely. But taking another glimpse of her surroundings, Agnes realized she might've just put herself in a very deep hole she had not dug.

    Because the words written with gasoline and flame on the lawn were something Agnes had seen before but she was also sure that it was something she would never say. Fire will rain. Let's be real. She could do a lot better than that. And these thoughts were her poor attempt to make it seem like she wasn't in huge trouble.