𝟭𝟭. raising hell

CHAPTER ELEVEN
i'm running from everything

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

    𝐓he sky looked so blue when they arrived at the old pilgrim ruins. Only it was a darker shade of blue. Like night time was nearing and the moon would soon come up to encase the Earth with a certain glow. Or like there was a hard rain coming. Agnes really hoped it wasn't the latter. The woods looked eerie, too. The trees, which were desolate with leaves, stood around them like some kind of skinny nature monsters in silly scary children's movies.

    Wednesday was the first to enter what used to be the doors of the ruins. She placed down her bag, and Thing immediately crawled out of it. Agnes lurked around outside the building, checking her surroundings. It looked like any other ruin except for the fact there might be a googly-eyed monster stalking the woods.

    Then she heard yelling inside, which prompted her to follow after Wednesday. She didn't quite reach there as someone suddenly stumbled out of the ruins, holding his hands over his neck like he was choking on something. Then she noticed Thing aggressively gripping the homeless man's chin. Agnes only shook her head like everything was normal.

     "There's nothing here," Wednesday muttered. Thing came back after drawing the homeless guy away from them. He made a gesture that the girl seemed to understand. "No, I can't just touch something."

     "Your visions," Agnes realized. Wednesday looked at her with a deep furrow between his brows as if wondering how she knew. "I get them when you do. It's kind of like a weird connection thing. I get it around Xavier too when he brings his drawings to life."

    "You mean you can mimic other people's psychic powers?" Wednesday said nonchalantly, trudging towards the other side of the ruins.

     Agnes shrugged. "Something like that."

    "My visions seem to happen spontaneously," She said then looked at Thing. Only for the guy to start telling her something she would never do. "I would rather dye my hair pink than ask my mother for advice." Thing scratched the burnt log next to him. "Oh, you want me to prove it to you?"

     Then she began to touch the log pillar. The burned-down walls. The crumpled Taco Bell paper bag. She acted as if it had given her a sudden vision, which Agnes sighed at. Obviously, there wasn't anything she touched in these old ruins that triggered her impromptu visions. She grabbed her bag from the floor, Agnes following her to leave the place as she tugged on her bag.

     "My visions are about as predictable as shark attacks," Wednesday retorted.

    Then she touched the door and Agnes realized that this time it was real when she suddenly crumpled to her knees, a really painful feeling in her chest like it was being immensely crushed. She gasped for breath, her eyes wide, hearing Thing panic beside her as he pranced around with nothing else to do.

     This was the most pain she'd ever felt and it had never lasted for so long until now.

    Agnes shot up from the ground, feeling a few stings on her neck. Her eyes fell to her hands and frowned at the sight of her drawn-out claws. She quickly hid them, glancing up at the rain falling hard from the sky. It made the scratches on her skin a lot more irritated than usual as the rain doused her from head to toe.

     "Thing, I saw her!" Wednesday exclaimed as she woke up from her vivid vision. "The girl from my visions."

    "Goody," Agnes said out loud, earning Wednesday's attention, whose eyes briefly fell on the angry red scratches on her neck. "Her name's Goody Addams. And I think she's your ancestor from a hundred decades ago."