Snow Singer

-----------

-----------

I don't think i'll ever get used to the snow. The little white flecks that are never the same design as the one before will never cease to make me feel like a child again.

Even though I never witnessed the falling snow when i was a child, it makes me feel innocent and new to the world.

This keeps me up at night.

The snow, when it falls, it keeps my brain awake.

So, when I hear a branch break to my left, I react immediately. I reach for my knife but come up empty because of Roan, so I brace myself if they do attack.

But all I see is nothing. Nobody is there. I sigh, shaking my head, before going back to staring at Roan's sleeping face.

My bones are vibrating with excitement that we're going to see Lexa, but a part of me misses Bellamy. I miss his touch, smile, laugh. His lips.

Another twig snaps.

This time I abruptly stand. Another twig snaps from my right. I whip my head in that direction and my eyes widen.

I see a figure running towards me.

I break out into a run. I make it a handful of yards before I'm tackled to the ground. I flip over and my heart stops.

"Shhh," Bellamy whispers, his hand over my mouth. "You've already made enough noise to wake the whole forest, Hails." I see his lips crack into a grin and I find myself smiling.

"What are you doing here?" I whisper yell after he uncovers my mouth.

"Saving you?" He says, his eyebrows furrowing. "Also, what did you do to your hair?" He asks, grabbing at a piece.

"I dyed it red and cut it." I answer, glancing away.

"I like it." I look back at him and a small smile makes its way onto my face.

But, it's short lived. "Bellamy, I can't go with you." I say and his whole demeanour changes.

"What do you mean?" His voices has a trace of malice to it. "I have been searching for you for months."

"I..." I go to answer, but my voice breaks. "I need to kill Lexa." I answer.

His eyebrows raise. "You're choosing revenge over me?" He asks, offended.