Deal or No Deal?

song: i lost something in the hills by sibylle baier

I wake up alone.

The small grey room that reminds me a little too much of my skybox days with Elliot is empty.

My eyebrows furrow as I sit up and drag a hand down my face, sighing.

I stand and get dressed before heading to the mess hall. I catch a glimpse of Bellamy sitting with Pike and my thoughts run wild at the idea of the election results.

I, of course, voted for the Abby and my dad posse, but I can't say the same for anyone else.

I glance around and catch sight of Miloch sitting at a table by himself.

I sigh to myself before grabbing an apple and walking over. I plop myself down in the chair across from him, making him glance up in surprise.

"Hey," I say, taking a bite.

"Hey yourself." He says, a small smile forming on his lips.

"Wipe that smile off your face," I say, my tone dark, "Pike is planning something and he's manipulating Bellamy." I say, leaning forward and whispering.

"If that's true, you should definitely look less inconspicuous." He says, eyeing Pike.

I refrain from glancing over and opt for leaning back and taking another bite. After a moment I raise my brows in his direction as to say, 'plan?'

He sighs, closing his eyes for a moment. "They're planning to kill the 300, aren't they?" His eyes are cold and calculating as he expects the worst.

And he gets it.

I nod. "Pike is hell bent that the grounders are bad news, but he's clouded in his own stupid judgment." I throw the half eaten apple on the table in a fit.

He glances around before setting his hand on mine. "Tread lightly here, Hailey." He says, making my eyes meet his. "Play the part of a good Skikru warrior as it might be the only thing between you and death."

I narrow my eyes at him. "I'm not a coward."

He smirks, "Oh, yes, I'm well aware." He pulls back his hand. "But, if it means pretending to be one of them or at least go along with it to stay alive," he sighs, his eyes meeting mine. "You need to be prepared to watch either I or Lincoln die." He says and my heart rate picks up.

"Loch," I shake my head, remembering Elliot's blood staining my hands and Finn's haunting smile before he walked through those dropship curtains. "I can't watch another friend die."

"You may have to watch both of us die." He presses his lips together. "But, you cannot intervene." He says, holding eye contact. "Promise me you'll run."

I go to open my mouth but he beats me to it.

"You have to promise me you'll run because there's no way in hell that they'll believe you're with them if we die." His composure begins to fracture.