wash by bon iver <3

A fist flies and hits me square in the jaw

A fist flies and hits me square in the jaw. I hold my ground before shoving the person to the ground.

My mind keeps replaying the same mantra.

These are your people

So I make due with light shoves and half-assed punches.

I keep Lincoln upright with one hand as Bellamy jumps in to keep the people off of Miloch while Kane and Abby work on thinning the crowd.

My mind clears and I reach down and grab my hand gun before pointing it to the sky and firing.

Everyone stops.

"We fought with you!" I scream out, handing Lincoln to Bellamy. "I fought by your side and put your needs before my own." I turn to face Lincoln and Miloch. "Grounders are our friends, these two prove that!" I scream before making eye contact with a fuming pike.

"She's right about one thing." He says, his voice eerily quiet as he begins walking towards me. "We do not attack our own. Fighting each other only makes us weak." He says, but there's a tone to his voice that makes his words sound threatening. "The enemy is not in this camp. The enemy is out there." He says, still staring at me.

I watch as Abby grabs Lincoln and takes him into Medical while Loch stands by my side.

"You need to be careful." Miloch whispers from his place next to me.

"I know." I murmur. "But, if it means that the grounders, who I consider my friends, are going to die," I start shaking my head. "I won't be quiet about what I think."

------------

"No," Lincoln grumbles as Abby places the bandage on his head. "No charges." He says and I roll my eyes.

"Lincoln, we need to set an example." My dad says and I silently nod along.

"Yeah, we do." Lincoln agrees, but somehow still disagrees with Kane.

"The man just lost his son, Marcus." Pike says, crossing his arms.

"I don't giving a damn about anyone has lost." I grit through my teeth. "Lincoln didn't do that." I say, standing in front of him.

Pike goes to say something, but Octavia comes running in. "What happened?" She asks, her breathing heavy.

I narrow my eyes at Lincoln, imploring him to press chargers. He presses his lips together before shaking his head. I sigh as he says, "I said no charges."

Pike leaves with my dad following.

I lay a hand on Lincoln's shoulder as I say, "Ste yuj." Stay strong. I smile at Octavia before leaving.

I have one destination in mind.

Bellamy.

------------