Wink Wink, Nudge Nudge

song: always forever by cults

----------

I distance myself from Bellamy. Not too much to catch his attention, but enough so that the disgust on my face is not as easily spotted. 

We enter the gates and my eyes catch Miloch's immediately. I watch as his eyes rake over my form, which is not nearly as covered in blood as the others. 

I give him a small, almost imperceptible nod when he meets my eyes again. He sighs before nodding back at me, understanding. 

"Bellamy, you okay?" Octavia says as she approaches him. I watch as she opens his jacket, looking for injuries, but he pushes her off. 

"I'm fine." He says, making her eyes turn to mine. 

"Not a scratch on him." I say, making my lips form a smirk. I try to communicate with my eyes that she needs to play along. 

"Of course there's not a scratch on him!" She says, fake malice coating her tone as she walks up to me. "It was a slaughter, wasn't it?" I don't answer, making her scoff at me before turning back to her brother. 

"What happened out there?" She asks Bellamy, but he has already begun walking away. She meets my eyes and our expressions are the same. Our jaws are taut and our eyes are narrowed. 

"Lock it up." Pike says, getting my attention. He offers me a smirk as he comes to stand next to me. "Everybody, listen up." He says, turning away from me. "Twenty-four hours ago you elected me your chancellor. Every action I've taken since and every action I will take will be to achieve one sacred goal." He sends another smile my way, making my skin crawl. "The creation of a self-sustaining, prosperous, and safe Arkadia." He says before turning to me. "And with Hailey's help," He begins, making my heart race. "That will hopefully come true." 

I swallow and muster a nod as the people begin to cheer. I excuse myself from them before entering the Ark and making a B-line for Raven. 

I need to just sit and talk with an old friend. 

I enter the workshop and sigh when she's nowhere in sight. But, instead of turning around, I walk over to her workbench and run my fingers over her tools. 

I smile at the little raven figurine that Finn made her that's set on her tool box. 

"Breaking and entering is a serious offense, Hails." She says from behind me, making my lips curve into a genuine smile. 

I turn as she says, "I'll let it slide though." She sits down on the stool next to me as I take off my bloody jacket. "You okay?" She asks, eyeing the blood. 

I pause before shaking my head. "They slaughtered them." I say, shaking my head. 

"You didn't help, right?" She trails off, her head tilting down to meet my eyes. 

I shake my head no, but verbally I say, "Yes, I did." I widen my eyes, as if to say, 'play along.' 

"Right." She sighs, nodding. "It was the right thing." She says, leaning under the table where she finds a bugged mic. "One of the many things you do right." She says, letting me know she found one. 

"Hey, it's what's right." I say, crossing the room in big strides with her following me. We enter  the old airlocke chamber and the doors shut behind us. 

"What the hell is going on?" She asks once she checks over the room. "You're what?" She pauses. "An inside man?" 

I nod, "They think I've brokered a deal to save Orla, Lincoln and Miloch." I sigh, sitting down and holding my head in my hands. "They're going to find out that I didn't actually slaughter the grounders."