Spot the Difference

What's the difference between the me now and the me that first landed here on Earth almost a year ago?

The things that have changed are monumental when compared to the sheer amount of similarities that are hidden beneath my scarred and flawed surface.

The sun that hits the rough patches on my skin is a constant reminder that Earth is not going to change. The way that the frosted grass crunches beneath my boots is never going to change.

I take comfort in these changes like the way I used to take comfort in the way Bellamy's golden eyes used to glide over my skin, leaving gold flecks wherever he looked.

I miss finding the longing in his eyes instead of the back of his soles as he walks in front of me.

I'm supposed to be strong. I'm supposed to face these heartbreaks head on.

Instead, I'm noticing the light hitting his brown curls at just the right angle. I can't help but compare his likeness to that of Clarke's.

In Clarke, I found companionship. In him, I found...

I stop the thought as it begins to form.

I almost thought.

In him, I found something new. Something I'm scared to say. He's with someone else and here I am, staring at his back I used to let my fingers glide down.

I sigh, finding the forest floor even more intriguing.

He found her while I found comfort in Clarke. I took what she had to offer because it was safe. There were no feelings attached, at least to my knowledge.

The feelings that Bellamy can provoke in my mind by just glancing at me are never changing and never staying the same. They're stagnant like the pool of our stories as they're intertwined together.

I sigh to myself as I find my eyes once again glued to his head. They momentarily flit to the Camp Jaha sign but return to their place, but immediately are sent to a nearby tree at the sight of his eyes meeting mine.

God, I feel like a teenage girl in those old world stories.

I risk glancing back up but instead see Miller with a smile on his face.

"Hey, Hails." He smiles before taking me in a bone crushing hug.

"Hey Nate." I smile into his shoulder before glancing up and catching Bellamy's gaze. I hold it, waiting for him to break away.

He doesn't. So I do.

I take a step back and smile at Nate.

"God, it's been forever seen we've seen you." He chuckles, placing his hand on my shoulder and guiding me toward the camp.

"Well, I was busy trying not to get killed by my sister and her posse." I joke, but he can see through the cracks.

"How are you with that?" He asks as I turn in my weapons, leaving my handgun and knife on my person.