Play Dead

My mind wanders to Riv as I sit by myself in Bellamy and I's room

My mind wanders to Riv as I sit by myself in Bellamy and I's room. The last I heard, she was searching for me to kill me and gain my reputation's power.

There's no way in hell she'd forgive me for almost killing her over some petty sword pointing.

I roll my eyes before standing and grabbing my small journal.

day 783

I miss my sister and her smile. They wouldn't let me watch her get floated but I guess that was for the best.

I hope my father gave her the best goodbye someone has ever given.

She deserves the best. Or rather deserved.

I used to find myself smiling to myself at my writing about Riv. Now, I just slam my journal shut and leave my room.

I leave the Ark and sit down at one of the benches that is scattered around outside. The sky's purple and orange hues demand my attention as I lean my head on my palm.

"Are you insane?" Octavia spits, sitting down across from me, which effectively pulls my attention away from the sunset.

"For...?" I trail off with my eyebrows raising.

"For siding with Pike." Her eyes narrow.

"Keep your voice down." I hiss, my eyes darting around the courtyard. "I'm not siding with Pike," I mutter, scratching at the wooden table. "I'm using him to keep Lincoln, Miloch and Orla safe." I say, making her angry expression drop. "I'm not siding with Pike," I continue, sighing. "I'm exploiting and lying to him to save as many grounders as I can." I finish, finally bringing my eyes to meet hers.

I wait for her to speak but instead, a small smirk begins to grow on her lips.

"You stupid genius." She says, scoffing.

"That's a paradox." I say, chuckling with her.

"You're going to get yourself killed one day, ya know?" She says, standing. "But, if it means saving our friends, then," she sighs, nodding to herself. "Then, you need to sell the lies you tell like you get paid from it." She says, making me smirk before she walks off, leaving me alone.

I bring my eyes over to the entrance of the Ark to see Pike walking out of it with the chancellor's pin shining on my chest.

My jaw ticks as I close my eyes, sighing. Pike won the election and Bellamy has sided with him. There's no way to stop them from killing the grounders.

I have to go with them and pretend to kill some, but actually save them.

I walk up to Pike and he almost smiles at me. "Are you doing it?" I ask, not referencing what exactly, but judging by his widening smirk, he knows.

"Yes, want to join us?" He asks.

"How about we all get our own little slice of revenge?" I ask, making my lips twist into a sickening grin.