Somebody That I Used to Know

"What are you doing?" Abby asks as I round the corner into the Medbay to find Bellamy, Glimmer and Pike grabbing the sick grounders from their beds. "These are sick people, you can't just throw them out into the cold." She says, throwing her hands into the air as she glances at Bellamy. 

Pike sighs, turning to her, "We're not. They're being interned." 

My eyebrows furrow as Abby asks, "What?" I go to stand next to Pike, crossing my arms. 

Suddenly Lincoln and Miloch run through the doors of the Medbay, making Bellamy lay his hand on Miloch's chest, stopping him from walking any further. "Miloch, you don't want to be here right now."

He narrows his eyes, glancing at me before saying, "We asked them to come here." He says, shaking his head at Pike. "You can't just throw them out."

Pike rolls his eyes as he says, "We can't spare the supplies."

I butt in with a narrowed gaze pointed towards Pike. "That doesn't mean that they can't stay in the beds." I say, making his eyes narrow. "We don't have to give them the meds and the food can come out of my share." I say, making him sigh. 

"No, Hailey." He says, laying his hand on my bicep. "I need you strong." He trails the hand down to meet mine and he squeezes, making me internally cringe. 

"Of course." I say, trying to sound earnest as Glimmer grabs a girl that looks like death is knocking on her doorstep. 

"She's too sick to move." Lincoln says, trying to push through Bellamy. 

"Looks like she's moving just fine to me." Glimmer says while the girl looks like she could die from a mosquito bite.

"Glimmer, back off." Bellamy says, stepping forward, which gives Lincoln space to pounce. And he does just that. 

He swerves from behind Bellamy and tackles Glimmer to the floor as I catch the girl before she falls to the floor. 

Lincoln lands a couple punches before Bellamy grabs his bicep, but instead of complying, he elbows him in the nose. 

I let the girl go and drop down in front of Lincoln and without hesitation, I slam my hand on the underside of his chin, making him fall backward. Immediately, I take the opportunity to climb on top of his middle and pull a dagger on his throat with my foot on his ankle and free hand holding both of his above his head. 

"Calm down." I hiss, my breathing quick as he stares up at me. "Do you want to get thrown out with the rest of them?" I ask, my eyes wide. 

"He goes with them. Take him." Pike interrupts, making me shake my head. 

"No, Pike." I begin but his jaw ticks in anger, making me almost back down. 

Almost. 

-----------

"Well what good that did." I sigh as I watch the grounders get walked towards the cells, but my attention is captured by Jaha and a small group of people listening to him preach. 

I narrow my eyes before deciding to walk over with Raven not so far behind me. 

I overhear the tail end of his sentence, "It diminishes our lives, robs us of our passions and past times and damages relationships between friends and lovers. What if I told you there's a simple way to eliminate it?" I assume he's referring to pain. 

I catch Rae's eyes, which hold anger and I assume from her look that mine is the same. 

"Something wrong, ladies?" Jaha asks, his hands intertwined with one another on his stomach.