Cloud by Elias

My heartbeat thunders in my ears as I watch Pike's boots circle in front of the vent. 

"Do you have a walkie on you?" My dad asks from behind me. I respond my handing him mine and he turns to a different channel before saying, "Do it now, Abby. I repeat, do it now." He hands it back to me and doesn't offer any explanation. 

But before I can ask, the guards and Pike outside catch wind of the situation. 

"Something isn't right." Pike mutters before grabbing his walkie. "Unit 4, what's your status?" Silence. "Are the prisoners secure? Unit 4!" He screams into the walkie, making me glance back at my dad to see a small smirk on his face. "Come on." Pike yells, running with the guards towards Unit 4. 

I pop open the vent and I jump down with Kane, Lincoln and Miloch following me. 

"It's a little bit tight in there." My dad says, making me chuckle. 

"Try hiding in a closet for 13 years." I say, making him shut up with a hug. "Loch." I say, engulfing him in a hug. I offer Lincoln a handshake but he instead hugs me, making me laugh. "Come on, we need to find Sinclair so he can get us out of here and back to Octavia." 

We take off running towards the hanger bay and meet Sinclair, Harper, Miller, Bryan and Abby.

"Well if it isn't my old student." Silnclair muses, offering me a quick hug. "Be safe out there okay? We haven't gotten to catch up quite yet and I want to hear about how you used your engineering skills to survive down here." He chuckles, before leading us towards a back door that leads out to a cut in the fence. 

"On it." I say, offering him a smile before turning to my dad, who is speaking to Abby. "We need to go." I say, butting in, but they don't hear me as they share a small kiss. 

"May we meet again." Abby says. 

"We will." Kane says before turning and jumping through the gate, followed by the others.

"Attention all citizens. Emergency lockdown is in effect. Return to your quarters immediately." Pike's voice comes over the intercom. 

"We need to go now." I say, my voice thick with nerves. 

I let Miloch and Lincoln through and then I jump through last. 

"May we meet again." I say to Sinclair, making him smile. 

We begin running through the trees but stop when Pike's voice once again comes over the intercom. 

"I have a message for the traitors in this camp." We all stop. "There will be an execution today. Either turn yourselves in or the other Grounder prisoners will die in your place." My blood drains from my face. 

"No..." I mutter, turning to Miloch and Lincoln. "Please, no." I say, jumping in front of the two of them. "please don't do this, Lincoln, O needs you." 

He shakes his head, a somber smile on his face. "No, she doesn't, but I will live on in her mind." He presses his lips together. "She'll try to push you away, don't let her." He says before walking back into camp. 

I watch him go with wide eyes as Miloch takes a step next to me. 

"I need to go with him Hailey." He murmurs. 

"No!" I yell, not caring who hears me. I grab a fistfull of his armor. "I am not letting you die too." I grit my teeth with the effort. He tries to pry me off, but I shake my head as tears come to my vision. "We are so close, Loch. Please." 

He stops trying to pry my fists off of his armour and just holds them with his hands. "You are strong and so I'm not going to lie." He takes in a deep breath before setting his forward on mine. "This will break you and you will have to build yourself back up again, but just remember all that I've taught you and all that you've learned."