PSA: Say Yes to PDA

song for this chapter: Bitter heart by Memi and Stefan

above is a mood board for hailey this chapter :)

I bite my tongue as the seamstress shoves me into a blood red dress dress while another woman works on my makeup. I didn't know siding with Lexa would entail a whole makeover.

"Done." One of them says and I nod at them as Lexa comes in with her standard armour.

"You look..." She begins, making me turn around to face her.

"Scary?" I ask as I place a knife in my thigh holster.

"Ready." She says with unsaid words behind her eyes. "Come on." Her words come out as the doors to the throne room are opened and we enter.

Lexa walks ahead of me and stops at the end of the row of people on either side. I control my breathing as I think things through.

We need this. I need this.

So I bow. I tilt my head up to meet her gaze and I catch a small, grateful smile on her lips.

I stand and take my place beside her as Roan takes his turn and bows.

"Hail warriors of the 12 Clans." Lexa says, and they respond. "Rise."

She takes her time meeting all of their eyes before speaking. "We welcome Skaikru to our halls in the spirit of friendship and harmony, and we welcome Hailey kom Skaikru... Legendary Jusdreinheda, Reskripa, Mountain Slayer." She spares a glance at me. "The reason for this summit has changed. We are not here to negotiate a treaty with the Skaikru, but rather to initiate them into the coalition."

A collection of whispers begins to rise between the leaders.

"To symbolize this union," Lexa silences them. "The leader of Skaikru must bear our mark." She says and Kane steps forward.

My father glances at me and nods with a small smile on his face, which I return.

"Present your arm." Lexa says as Titus burns his arm.

Then, the doors burst open.

My hand flies to my knife between the slits of my dress as Bellamy, Octavia, Clarke, and Pike come running through the doors.

"Clarke...?" My voice comes out as a whisper as she runs over to me. She wraps her arms around me, making me return it.

She pulls back as chaos happens around us, but I don't pay it any mind. "Are you okay?" I ask, my free hand coming up to her cheek.

"Am I okay?" She chuckles as I brush my thumb across her cheek. A small smile spreads across my face as I stare her.

I go to meet her lips for a moment, but my shoulder is pulled away from her. My eyes narrow into a glare before seeing the culprit.